1. Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
2. “Food is our common ground, a universal experience.“ — James Beard
3. I think about food literally all day every day. It’s a thing.
4. “The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love, and death.”
5. “My mama always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
6. “In heaven, after antipasti, the first course will be pasta.”
7. Always crust your instincts.
8. “If we’re not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?” ― Unknown
9. “As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.”
10. “The oldest form of theater is the dinner table.” – Michael J. Fox
11. Part of the secret to success in life is to eat what you like.
12. Life is short. Eat more donuts.
13. Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.
14. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” — Jim Davis
15. “We have friends in Italy who have these old stoves, and they turn out the most beautiful food. All you really need is time, the best ingredients, and love.”
16. “Cooking is about life. It gives us what we need to keep going, and it gives us something to share with other people.” – Joan Bauer
17. “Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.” – Mark Twain
18. “Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them.”
19. “Cooking is like love: it should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” ― Harriet Van Horne
20. “If your mother cooks Italian food, why should you go to a restaurant?”
21. “For me, the cooking life has been a long love affair, with moments both sublime and ridiculous.” – Anthony Bourdain
22. “Anyone who’s a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is: ‘Is it good? Does it give pleasure?’” - Anthony Bourdain
23. “Well, foods always the way to anybody’s heart, I think, guy or girl.”
24. “The shared meal elevates eating from a mechanical process of fueling the body to a ritual of family and community, from the mere animal biology to an act of culture.”
25. “Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes.
26. “ When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste.” ~Laiko Bahrs
27. “Bad food is made without pride, by cooks who have no pride, and no love. Bad food is made by chefs who are indifferent, or who are trying to be everything to everybody, who are trying to please everyone… Bad food is fake food… food that shows fear and lack of confidence in people’s ability to discern or to make decisions about their lives.”
28. Call me Kim Carbdashian.
29. “Good food gives you energy, and life is all about energy.” — Joe Wicks
30. ”No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.” – Julia Child
31. “I could have killed you.”
32. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.” – Henry David Thoreau
33. “Age and glasses of wine should never be counted.”��Unknown
34. Food shared is happiness multiplied.
35. “I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip.”
36. “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… The people who give you their food give you their heart.”
37. “The ‘classic’ pig is inspired by northern Italy. It is made up of meat and fat, rosemary and garlic, salt and lots of black pepper.”
38. “Dessert is like a feel-good song and the best ones make you dance.” - Edward Lee
39. “Carbs are the answer. No matter the question.” ― Unknown
40. “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… the people who give you their food give you their heart.” -Cesar Chavez
41. Life is a combination of magic and pasta.
42. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you.” – Anthony Bourdain
43. “Calvin: Why are you crying mom? Mom: I’m cutting up an onion. Calvin: It must be hard to cook if you anthrpomorphisize your vegetables.” ― Bill Watterson
44. “Good food is an experience and a pleasure that makes life richer.” – Authentic Food Quest
45. “Parla come magni,' It means, 'Speak the way you eat,' or in my personal translation: 'Say it like you eat it.' It's a reminder - when you're making a big deal out of explaining something, when you're searching for the right words - to keep your language as simple and direct as Roman rood. Don't make a big production out of it. Just lay it on the table.”
46. There’s no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
47. “It takes forty muscles to frown, and only twelve to jam a cupcake in your mouth and get over it.” - Sarah Ockler
48. ” But when the time comes that a man has had his dinner, then the true man comes to the surface.” ~Mark Twainawesome food quotes
49. “No matter where I’ve been overseas, the food stinks, except in Italy.”
50. The secret of being a good actor is the love for food” - Yash Chopra.
51. “How would your life be different if...You were conscious about the food you ate, the people you surround yourself with, and the media you watch, listen to, or read? Let today be the day...You pay attention to what you feed your mind, your body, and your life. Create a nourishing environment conducive to your growth and well-being today.”
52. “The smell of good bread baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight.” - M.F.K. Fisher
53. “Anybody who believes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach flunked geography. ”
54. “Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter-faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn.
55. ” There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves.” ~Thomas Wolfe
56. “If you're afraid of butter, use cream.”
57. “If we shake out all of the crumbs from all of the keyboards in the world, we can end world hunger.”― Matthew Dolkart
58. “Popcorn is one of the only situations in which you eat the result of an explosion.”
59. “Food is music to the body, music is food to the heart.” — Gregory David Roberts
60. “While Leo fussed over his helm controls, Hazel and Frank relayed the story of the fish-centaurs and their training camp.
61. Pilates? I thought you said pie and lattes!
62. “I love the simplicity, the ingredients, the culture, the history and the seasonality of Italian cuisine. In Italy people do not travel. They cook the way grandma did, using fresh ingredients and what is available in season.”
63. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign” – Robert Louis Stevenson
64. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”- J.R.R. Tolkien
65. “Boys,” Annabeth interrupted, “I’m sure you both would’ve been wonderful at killing each other. But right now, you need some rest.”
66. “I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.” —A. Whitney Brown
67. “Chefs are cooking blind, for strangers whose memories are unknown.” ― Bee Wilson
68. “Sometimes the only answer to death is lunch.”
69. “Separate pots of simmering French and Italian soup stocks… Bowls of various Chinese spice blends… Trimmed and marinating lamb shanks, a common ingredient in Turkish cooking… And the foundation of all Indian cuisine- toasting the starter spices!” ― Yuto Tsukuda
70. “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are.”
71. “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.”
72. “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relatives.”
73. “Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want.”
74. “An empty stomach is not a good political advisor.” ~Albert Einstein
75. “My love is pizza shaped. Won’t you have a slice? It’s circular, so there’s enough to go around. ”
76. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
77. “I think food, culture, people and landscape are all absolutely inseparable.”
78. Eat, drink and live free. There’s no telling what might happen tomorrow.
79. “Food for us comes from our relatives, whether they have wings or fins or roots. That is how we consider food. Food has a culture. It has a history. It has a story. It has relationships.”
80. “I am not one to turn down macaroni and cheese, even late at night. I love Italian food. I love pasta.”
81. “Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks.” - Marilyn Wann
82. “The repetitive phases of cooking leave plenty of mental space for reflection, and as I chopped and minced and sliced I thought about the rhythms of cooking, one of which involves destroying the order of the things we bring from nature into our kitchens, only to then create from them a new order.” -Michael Pollan
83. When life hands you lemons, give them back. You deserve chocolate.
84. “If I am in Italy, I’m going to have a cappuccino and two small brioches and then a mix of orange and grapefruit. I don’t drink tea in Italy.”
85. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.”
86. “I have heard that the French like to say, “Nobody grows old during a happy occasion at the dining table.” ��� James Hauenstein
87. “Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll buy a funny hat. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you're a consultant.”
88. “Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
89. “One of the greatest pleasures of my life has been that I have never stopped learning about Good Cooking and Good Food.” ― Edna Lewis
90. “In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport.”
91. “One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” – Luciano Pavarotti
92. “Everything you see I owe to pasta.”
93. “If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn’t have given us grandmothers.” - Linda Henley
94. “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
95. “Probably one of the most private things in the world is an egg before it is broken.”
96. “A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into.” — George Orwell
97. “Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.”
98. “I just love Italian, and I think, from being Italian, I just love Italian food.”
99. “So long as you have food in your mouth you have solved all questions for the time being.”
100. “If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it.” – Common Sense
101. “Hunger makes you restless. you dream about food — not just any food, but perfect food, the best food, magical meals, famous and awe-inspiring, the one piece of meat, the exact taste of buttery corn, tomatoes so ripe they split and sweeten the air, beans so crisp they snap between the teeth, gravy like mother’s milk singing to your bloodstream.” ~Dorothy Allis
102. “I love all kinds of bread. Whenever I crave junk food, I want salty things like peanuts or potato chips.” — Tyra Banks
103. “The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating.”― John Walters
104. Another one bites the crust.
105. “Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people eat together.” -Guy Fieri
106. The secret ingredient is always cheese.
107. I may settle for everything but with food there is no compromise.
108. “Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart.”
109. “My love for you is pizza shaped. Won’t you have a slice? It’s circular, so there’s enough to go around.”
110. “To me, food is as much about the moment, the occasion, the location and the company as it is about the taste.”
111. “The dinner hour is a sacred, happy time when everyone should be together and relaxed.” – Julia Child
112. “Back when I was modeling, the first time I went to Italy, I was having cappuccinos every day, and I gained 15 pounds. And I felt gorgeous!”
113. “You can do irrefutably impossible things with the right amount of planning and support from intelligent and hardworking people and pizza.”
114. Good food never fails in bringing people together.
115. “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” ― Julia Child
116. “Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.” – Sandra Lee
117. If you want to avoid heartache, fall in love with food. It’ll never break your heart.
118. “Food is an important part of a balanced diet.” - Fran Lebowitz
119. Burger is always better.
120. “Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.”
121. “Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands — and then eat just one of the pieces.” ~Judith Viorst
122. “Health is a relationship between you and your body.” – Terri Guillemets
123. “I just don’t want to look back and think I could’ve eaten that.” ― Unknown
124. “Shipping is a terrible thing to do to vegetables. They probably get jet-lagged, just like people. -Elizabeth Berry
125. “I don't know what it is about food your mother makes for you, especially when it's something that anyone can make - pancakes, meat loaf, tuna salad - but it carries a certain taste of memory.”
126. “There’s not a better feeling in the world than a warm pizza on your lap.”
127. “The cucumber and the tomato are both fruit; the avocado is a nut. To assist with the dietary requirements of vegetarians, on the first Tuesday of the month a chicken is officially a vegetable.”
128. “Anyone who’s a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is: ‘Is it good? Does it give pleasure?” –Anthony Bourdain
129. “Eat, as nobody is watching. Enjoy food like that’s the only thing left in your world.” – Nikita Dudani
130. “Italian food is my favorite food. It’s the most sophisticated eating system.”
131. There’s nothing more romantic than a serene walk to the fridge.
132. “I hate France. It's like the whole country's on a diet”
133. Lifes is uncertain. Eat dessert first
134. “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.”
135. “He was a bold man that first ate an oyster.”
136. I get way too much happiness from good food.
137. All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
138. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”
139. “I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and say to myself “well, that’s not going to happen” �� Rita Rudner
140. “Eating is so intimate. It’s very sensual. When you invite someone to sit at your table and you want to cook for them, you’re inviting a person into your life.”
141. “There are three possible parts to a date, of which at least two must be offered: entertainment, food, and affection. It is customary to begin a series of dates with a great deal of entertainment, a moderate amount of food, and the merest suggestion of affection. As the amount of affection increases, the entertainment can be reduced proportionately. When the affection IS the entertainment, we no longer call it dating. Under no circumstances can the food be omitted.”
142. “Real cooking is more about following your heart than following recipes.” - Unknown
143. “Healthy eating should not preclude the odd cake. But it’s good to be able to wait: if not for a whole year, at least for an hour or two.” - Bee Wilson
144. “There are times when wisdom cannot be found in the chambers of parliament or the halls of academia but at the unpretentious setting of the kitchen table.” – E. A. Bucchianeri
145. “First we eat, then we do everything else.” – M.F.K. Fisher
146. The only way to ruin my day is to cancel lunch plans.
147. “I know the look of an apple that is roasting and sizzling on the hearth on a winter’s evening, and I know the comfort that comes of eating it hot, along with some sugar and a drench of cream… I know how the nuts taken in conjunction with winter apples, cider, and doughnuts, make old people’s tales and old jokes sound fresh and crisp and enchanting.” ~Mark Twain
148. Life is about exploring the pasta-billities.
149. “In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport.” - Julia Child
150. “your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
151. “…no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.” Julia Child
152. “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” — Ernestine Ulmer
153. “I think preparing food and feeding people brings nourishment not only to our bodies but to our spirits. Feeding people is a way of loving them, in the same way that feeding ourselves is a way of honoring our own createdness and fragility.”
154. “The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating.” —John Walters
155. “You have to be romantic to invest yourself, your money, and your time in cheese.” – Anthony Bourdain
156. “A culture fixated on female thinness is not an obsession about female beauty, but an obsession about female obedience. Dieting is the most potent political sedative in women’s history; a quietly mad population is a tractable one.”
157. “Part of the secret of success is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.”
158. “Cooking is a caring and nurturing act. It’s kind of the ultimate gift for someone, to cook for them. It creates all this beautiful stuff, conversation, appreciation, romance. All the most important things in life you do around a dinner table.” -Curtis Stone
159. “She spoke of evenings in the country making popcorn on the porch. Once this would have gladdened my heart but because her heart was not glad when she said it I knew there was nothing in it but the idea of what one should do.”
160. “I believe it’s a cook’s moral obligation to add more butter given the chance.” ― Michael Ruhlman
161. “Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people: it does for me.” ― Audrey Hepburn
162. “The preparation of good food is merely another expression of art, one of the joys of civilized living…”
163. “To invite people to dine with us is to make ourselves responsible for their well-being for as long as they are under our roofs.” – J. A. Brillat-Savarin
164. “I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food.”
165. “It’s okay to play with your food.” – Emeril Lagasse
166. “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat… The people who give you their food give you their heart.” — Cesar Chavez
167. “The belly rules the mind.” - Spanish Proverb
168. There’s no we in fries.
169. “What you feel like eating at any given moment is what you should have.” – Ferran Adria
170. “Unless you are a pizza, the answer is yes, I can live without you.”
171. “No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.” - Julia Child
172. I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.
173. “No rules. Don’t be afraid to do whatever you want. Cooking doesn’t have to have rules. I don’t like it that way.” – Masaharu Morimoto
174. “Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.”
175. “All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.”
176. Either I eat all my food or I eat all my food. There is no in between.
177. “The discovery of a new dish does more for human happiness than the discovery of a new star.” – J.A. Brillat-Savarin
178. “All food is the gift of the gods and has something of the miraculous, the egg no less than the truffle.” ― Sybille Bedford
179. “But if you're gonna dine with them cannibals
180. “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” - Doug Larson
181. “Eating good food is my favourite thing in the world. Nothing is more blissful.” - Justine Larbalestier
182. If I share my food with you, it's a big deal.
183. “You are what what you eat eats.”
184. We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly.
185. Don’t go bacon my heart.
186. “The air in Provence is impregnated with the aroma of garlic, which makes it very healthful to breathe.”~Alexandre Dumas
187. “Our minds are like our stomaches; they are whetted by the change of their food, and variety supplies both with fresh appetite.” ― Quintilian
188. Does this make your heart MELT?
189. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
190. “A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.”
191. “A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe.” - Thomas Keller
192. “The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.” - Calvin Trillin
193. Probably the best meat eater in the world.
194. “Never eat more than you can life.”
195. Say yes to more cheese.
196. “Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.”
197. “There’s nothing better than cake but more cake.” ― Harry S. Truman
198. “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” –Orson Welles
199. “The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you’ve to have a what-the-hell attitude.” – Julia Child
200. “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” - Alan D. Wolfelt | Food Quotes - Sophisticated Gourmet
201. “Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” -Anthony Bourdain
202. Carbs might be my soulmate
203. “Good food is very often, even most often, simple food.” — Anthony Bourdain
204. Promises and pie-crust are made to be broken” - Jonathan Swift.
205. “The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you’re hungry again.”
206. “Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.”
207. “I realized very early the power of food to evoke memory, to bring people together, to transport you to other places, and I wanted to be a part of that.”
208. “No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers.” ~Laurie Colwin
209. “I always say that I don’t believe I’m a chef. I try to be a storyteller.” – Jose Andres
210. Healthy Food = Happy Food; Happy Food = Happy Body; Happy Body = Happy Mind.
211. “I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.” ~A. Whitney Brown
212. “Food is not rational. Food is culture, habit, craving and identity.”
213. “Doesn’t have to be pretty, It just has to taste good.” ― Anonymous
214. The only thing I like better than talking about Food is eating
215. ” Strawberries are the angels of the earth, innocent and sweet with green leafy wings reaching heavenward.” ~Jasmine Heiler
216. “The stove is the shrine where I convene with my ancestors.” – Adam Ragusea
217. “Instead of past, present and future, I’d prefer chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
218. First, we eat. Then, we do everything else.
219. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet” – Rachel Wolchin
220. Hard work should be rewarded by good food.
221. “Food brings people together on many different levels. It’s nourishment of the soul and body; it’s truly love.” – Giada De Laurentiis
222. “Food is a gift and should be treated reverentially--romanced and ritualized and seasoned with memory.”
223. “You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.” ― Paul Prudhomme
224. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
225. “I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation” -Madam Benoit
226. “Food is everything we are. It’s an extension of nationalist feeling, ethnic feeling, your personal history, your province, your region, your tribe, your grandma. It’s inseparable from those from the get-go.” – Anthony Bourdain
227. “If I spoke Italian, I’d be in Italy in a minute. I love the food, I love the way people live there. I mean, it really is my idea of paradise.”
228. “How can a nation be called great if its bread tastes like kleenex?”
229. “Life itself is full, not only of charm and warmth and comfort but of sorrow and tears. But whether we are happy or sad, we must be fed.” -Laurie Colwin
230. “Some hae meat and canna eat,
231. “You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together.”
232. “I eat a variety of foods like vegetables, fruit and beef for protein and iron.” — Sasha Cohen
233. “Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but mouth-brothels. There is no point in going to them if one intends to keep one’s belt buckled.” ― Frederic Raphael
234. “Or I could have killed you,” Percy said.
235. “Love means never having to say “Should we get dessert?” ― Unknown
236. “I, personally, think there is a real danger of taking food too seriously. Food should be part of the bigger picture.” – Anthony Bourdain
237. ” All sorrows are less with bread. ” ~Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote
238. “Let them eat cake.” ― Marie Antoinette
239. “To me, food is as much about the moment, the occasion, the location and the company as it is about the taste.” - Heston Blumenthal
240. “Success is the sum of small efforts—repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
241. “I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
242. “Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.” – Hippocrates
243. “The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.”― Benjamin Franklin
244. “Give me wine to wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
245. “I learned early on that setting a table is so much more than laying down knifes and forks. It is creating a setting for food and conversation, setting a mood that lingers long after what was served and who said what was forgotten.” -Peri Wolfman
246. “To a hungry person, every bitter food is sweet. When the preferable is not available, the available becomes preferable!”
247. “Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea.” -Pythagoras
248. “When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need”. – Ayurvedic Proverb
249. “You have to taste a culture to understand it” – Deborah Cater
250. “Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon, or not at all.”
251. “Cooking is like snow skiing: If you don’t fall at least 10 times, then you’re not skiing hard enough.” - Guy Fieri
252. “The gentle art of gastronomy is a friendly one. It hurdles the language barrier, makes friends among civilized people, and warms the heart.” -Samuel Chamberlain
253. “The best comfort food will always be greens, cornbread, and fried chicken.”
254. “Butter is the most delicate of foods among barbarous nations, and one which distinguishes the wealthy from the multitude at large.” - Pliny
255. “Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.”
256. “I find the height of my purpose working with my hands, collaborating with farmers, serving my community. That farmer that needs you to buy his bell peppers is the same as the homeless guy on the street asking for money. Everybody’s just trying to get their needs met.” – Erick Williams
257. A well balanced meal is a slice in both hands.
258. “People who love to eat are always the best people.” - Julia Child
259. “This is every cook’s opinion No savory dish without an onion, But lest your kissing should be spoiled Your onions must be fully boiled.” ~Jonathan Swift
260. I like people who love to eat. They’re the best kind of people in the world.
261. “Life is a combination of magic and pasta.” – Federico Fellini
262. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well.” ― Virginia Woolf
263. “Cooking is about life. It gives us what we need to keep going, and it gives us something to share with other people.” ��� Joan Bauer
264. Food is really and truly the most effective medicine.
265. “Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: Frequently there must be a beverage.”
266. “Italy has great food and Barcelona has great energy.”
267. “Those pizzas I ate were for medicinal purposes.” ― Amy Neftzger
268. “You can’t make everyone happy. You’re not pizza.” ― Unknown
269. Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want.
270. “My best hostess tip is to have good food and really good music.” - Jennifer Aniston
271. Beware the hobby that eats - Benjamin Franklin.
272. “What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
273. “Winter blues are cured every time with a potato gratin paired with a roast chicken.”
274. “People who love to eat are always the best people.” – Julia Child
275. “Food is our common ground, a universal experience.”
276. “Popcorn for breakfast! Why not? It’s a grain. It’s like, like, grits, but with high self-esteem.” ― James Patterson
277. I am sorry for what I said when I was hungry.
278. “Leave your drugs in the chemist’s pot if you can heal the patient with food.” ― Hippocrates
279. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
280. “In victory, you deserve Champagne. In defeat you need it.” - Napoleon Bonaparte
281. “All food is comfort food. Maybe I just like to chew.” – Lewis Black
282. “The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” ~Steven Wright
283. “There ain’t a body, be it mouse or man, that ain’t made better by a little soup.��� ― Kate DiCamillo
284. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” – Seneca
285. “Life itself is the proper binge.”
286. “To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.”
287. “A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring the soul to the recipe.”
288. “While it is true that many people simply can't afford to pay more for food, either in money or time or both, many more of us can. After all, just in the last decade or two we've somehow found the time in the day to spend several hours on the internet and the money in the budget not only to pay for broadband service, but to cover a second phone bill and a new monthly bill for television, formerly free. For the majority of Americans, spending more for better food is less a matter of ability than priority. p.187”
289. “I lurched away from the table after a few hours feeling like Elvis in Vegas – fat, drugged, and completely out of it.” ― Anthony Bourdain
290. “The best comfort food will always be greens, cornbread, and fried chicken.” – Maya Angelou
291. “I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food”
292. Carbe diem.
293. “in the abstract art of cooking, ingredients trump appliances, passion supersedes expertise, creativity triumphs over technique, spontaneity inspires invention, and wine makes even the worst culinary disaster taste delicious.” ― Bob Blumer
294. “I’ve long believed that good food, good eating, is all about risk. Whether we’re talking about unpasteurized Stilton, raw oysters, or working for organized crime ‘associates,’ food, for me, has always been an adventure” – Anthony Bourdain
295. “Food is an important part of a balanced diet.”
296. “As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists.” ~Joan Gussow
297. “I know once people get connected to real food, they never change back.” – Alice Waters
298. “Food can be very transformational, and it can be more than just about a dish. That’s what happened to me when I first went to France. I fell in love. And if you fall in love, well, then everything is easy.” - Alice Waters | Food Quotes - Sophisticated Gourmet
299. There is no greater love than the love of food.
300. “No man is lonely while eating spaghetti:
301. “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.”
302. “A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.”
303. “What you feel like eating at any given moment is what you should have.”― Ferran Adria
304. “No one who cooks, cooks alone. A cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers.’ -Laurie Colwin
305. “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat… The people who give you their food give you their heart.”
306. Eat less from the box, more from the earth.
307. “A party without cake is just a meeting.”
308. No matter how full I am, I still have room for dessert.
309. Bliss on a plate.
310. “I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.” - W.C. Fields
311. Eat whatever you want, and if someone tries to lecture you about your weight, eat them too!
312. “I once went to Alba, Italy, during their white truffle festival, and I was like, ‘Just leave me here!'”
313. Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food – Hippocrates.
314. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” — Hippocrates
315. “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” – Ernestine Ulmer
316. “The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating.”
317. “People would eat a boot if it was home made.��� ― Elizabeth Bowen
318. “My doctor told me I had to stop throwing intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people.”
319. “Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans ... are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.”
320. “When you feel like eating boiled eggs, if you have some truffles in the house, put them in a basket with the eggs and the next day you will have the best boiled eggs you have ever tasted in your gastronomic life.” ~M. Des Ombiaux
321. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” –Hippocrates
322. “The secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.” -Mark Twain
323. My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
324. “My doctor told me I had to stop throwing intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people.” - Orson Welles
325. “Comfort food is hearty. When hearts are heavy, they need gravitational and emotional equilibrium: meat loaf and mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, chicken pot pie, red beans and rice, creamy risotto. Food that reassures us that we will survive.” -Sarah Ban Breathnach
326. “If soup isn’t hot enough to make a grown man wince, it’s undrinkable.”
327. “An apple is an excellent thing — until you have tried a peach.” ~George du Maurier
328. “If I’m in Italy at a certain time of year, I’ll make sure to try fresh porcini mushrooms in risotto, or puntarelle, a sort of curled chicory leaf that’s only available for a few weeks in May.”
329. “Human beings do not eat nutrients, they eat food.” — Mary Catherine Bateson
330. I am a better person when I have less on my plate.
331. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” –Virginia Woolf
332. “Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.”
333. The first sip of a hot beverage is always the scariest sip.
334. “Some people who are obsessed with food become gourmet chefs. Others become eating disorders.”
335. “Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
336. “There’s no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box in your lap.” ― Kevin James
337. “Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.” - Ludwig van Beethoven
338. “Don’t take a butcher’s advice on how to cook meat. If he knew, he’d be a chef.” ~Andy Rooney
339. “Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it’s a start.” – Anthony Bourdain
340. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
341. “The home is a sacred place where you can communicate with the four elements of the universe: earth, water, air, and fire. You mix it with your love and emotions and create magic. Through cooking, you raise your spiritual level and balance yourself in a world that is materialistic.” -Laura Esquivel
342. “Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.” – Jo Brand
343. The only thing better than talking about food is eating it.
344. “Wherever I go, I am Italian. The way I talk, the way I eat, the way femininity is important to me. The way I love Italian food.”
345. “I have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regretted
346. “Growing up, I learned life’s important lessons at the dinner table.” – Chef John Besh
347. “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” – Julia Child
348. In the mood for noods.
349. “Food is not simply organic fuel to keep body and soul together, it is a perishable art that must be savored at the peak of perfection.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
350. “In the Army, the drill sergeants said, “Eat it now and taste it later.” �� Joseph Perry Grassi
351. “If God had created celery, it would only have two stalks, because that’s the most that almost any recipe ever calls for.” ― skint foodie
352. “It was the greatest thing in the world getting fat. Every meal out was an event. Or we’d go to Italy and we’d have pasta, truffles, and dessert and then plan the next incredible meal. It was a happy-go-lucky time. I never had so much fun.”
353. “He who does not mind his belly, will hardly mind anything else.” — Samuel Johnson
354. Hunger is a good cook
355. When I cannot eat, I talk about eating.
356. “Cooking is an observation-based process that you can’t do if you’re so completely focused on a recipe.” - Alton Brown
357. Sorry—I’m in a relationship. With food.
358. Age and glasses of wine should never be counted.
359. “Ice-cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn't illegal.”
360. “The people who give you their food give you their heart.” ― Caesar Chavez
361. Cheese is the glue that holds my life together
362. “Don’t be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave. Enjoy your cooking and the food will behave; moreover it will pass your pleasure on to those who eat it.” ― Fergus Henderson
363. “Life is a combination of magic and pasta.”
364. “Someone who eats pancakes and jam can’t be so awfully dangerous. You can talk to him.”
365. “Large, naked, raw carrots are acceptable as food only to those who live in hutches eagerly awaiting Easter.”
366. “Food simply isn’t important to me.” ― Alice Paul
367. “There ain’t a body, be it mouse or man, that ain’t made better by a little soup.” – Kate DiCamillo
368. Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
369. If you're not supposed to have midnight snacks, then why is there a light in the fridge?
370. “A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.” –Mitch Hedberg
371. “Hearts can't be broken because they're made of marzipan.”
372. “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.” – Oscar Wilde
373. “Le bonheur est dans la cuisine – happiness is in the kitchen.” – Paul Bocuse
374. “Like a child who saves their favourite food on the plate for last, I try to save all thoughts of you for the end of the day so I can dream with the taste of you on my tongue.”
375. “I will say that the food in both Japan and Italy was immaculate. I don’t remember having bad food in either country.”
376. Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner” - Sophia Loren.
377. “Sex is good, but not as good as fresh sweet corn.”
378. Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson
379. Promises and pie-crust are made to be broken.
380. “All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.” - John Gunther
381. “Every day is National Donut Day if you put your mind to it.” ― Unknown
382. “Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.” ― M.F.K. Fisher
383. “Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.”
384. “My mind says ‘abs’ but my heart says ‘cheese fries’.” ― Unknown
385. There is nothing more romantic than Italian food.
386. “All food starting with p is comfort food: pasta, potato chips, pretzels, peanut butter, pastrami, pizza, pastry.” – Sara Paretsky
387. Give me all the bacon and eggs you have. —Ron Swanson
388. “Espresso is a miracle of chemistry in a cup.”
389. “Good food is a celebration of life.” ― Sophia Loren
390. and Hungry!
391. “Italian food’s really basic, and there’s so many different variations on it that what my husband did is he broke it down for me.”
392. “My weaknesses have always been food & men- in that order.” ― Dolly Parton
393. Your diet is a bank account. A good option is a good investment.
394. “You are what you eat, so don’t be fast, cheap, easy, or fake.” – Unknown
395. I like hashtags because they look like waffles.
396. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
397. “My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order.”
398. “I find that other countries have this or this, but Italy is the only one that has it all for me. The culture, the cuisine, the people, the landscape, the history. Just everything to me comes together there.”
399. “It’s difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.” – Lewis Grizzard
400. “I could talk food all day. I love good food.” — Tom Brady
401. “The most powerful social media… it is not the internet, it is not Facebook – it is food. This connects all human beings.” – Alex Atala
402. “A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.”
403. “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are.” – Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
404. I love pizza. I want to marry it, but it would just be to eat her family at the wedding.
405. “Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.” ~‘Proverbs’ 31:6-7
406. “We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly.”
407. “Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food. Don't forget food. You can go a week without laughing.”
408. Television + food, a match made in heaven.
409. “He who distinguishes the true savor of his food can never be a glutton; he who does not cannot be otherwise.”
410. “Food to a large extent is what holds a society together and eating is closely linked to deep spiritual experiences.” -Peter Farb
411. “Abs are temporary. Chocolate is forever.” ― Unknown
412. “Don't wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty.” - Lora Brody
413. “My weaknesses have always been food and men - in that order.” - Dolly Parton
414. “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis
415. “Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better.”
416. “If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.”
417. “One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ” ~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story
418. “Ideas are like pizza dough, made to be tossed around.”
419. Life is like ice cream. Enjoy before it melts.
420. “You can be miserable before you have a cookie and you can be miserable after you eat a cookie but you can’t be miserable while you are eating a cookie.”
421. “Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul.” — Dorothy Day
422. “You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.” – Paul Prudhomme
423. “The greatest wealth is Health.” – Unknown
424. “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” – Orson Welles
425. “I think preparing food and feeding people brings nourishment not only to our bodies but to our spirits. Feeding people is a way of loving them, in the same way that feeding ourselves is a way of honoring our own createdness and fragility.” – Shauna Niequist
426. “There are times when wisdom cannot be found in the chambers of parliament or the halls of academia but at the unpretentious setting of the kitchen table.”― E.A. Bucchianeri
427. “A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement”
428. “A perfect martini should be made by filling a glass with gin then waving it in the general direction of Italy.” – Noël Coward
429. “For me, almost always, the answer was cake.” ― Diana Abu-Jaber
430. “Bachelor’s fare: bread and cheese, and kisses.” - Jonathan Swift
431. “Food is a gift and should be treated reverentially–romanced and ritualized and seasoned with memory.” ― Chris Bohjalian
432. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.”
433. “Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people eat together.” ― Guy Fieri
434. “The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison.” ― Ann Wigmore
435. “Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”
436. Just like Carrie Bradshaw, I love a good Burger.
437. “An alcoholic is someone you don’t like who drinks as much as you do.” ~Dylan Thomas
438. “I suppose there are people who can pass up free guacamole, but they’re either allergic to avocado or too joyless to live.”
439. Issa snack.
440. “My wife and I tried to breakfast together, but we had to stop or our marriage would have been wrecked.”
441. Food always feels like luxury when you’re hungry.
442. “When dealing with complex transportation issues, the best thing to do is pull up with a cold beer and let somebody else figure it out.”
443. “Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake.”
444. “Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.”
445. “We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly.” – Anna Thomas
446. “Unless you are a pizza, the answer is yes, I can live without you.” ― Bill Murray
447. “A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe.” – Thomas Keller
448. “I love food and feel that it is something that should be enjoyed. I eat whatever I want. I just don’t overeat.” — Tyra Banks
449. “All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.” – John Gunther
450. “The secret of food lies in memory - of thinking and then knowing what the taste of cinnamon or steak is.” - Jerry Saltz
451. “People who love to eat are always the best people.” —Julia Child
452. “Good food is an amazing blessing.” — Brenda Knight
453. “A paring knife can be as creative as a paintbrush. Scraping, slicing, shredding, stirring, simmering, sauteing are all sleights of hand that switch your conscious mind onto artistic, automatic pilot.” -Sara Ban Breathnach
454. Don’t be upsetti, eat some spaghetti
455. “I cook a lot of Italian food. Bucatini Pomodoro is my best: it’s a fat spaghetti with tomato, olive oil, and reminds me of getting married in Italy.”
456. “One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” - Luciano Pavarotti
457. “Good food should be a right not a privilege.” — Alice Waters
458. Spread love as thick as you would Nutella
459. “Eating is always a decision, nobody forces your hand to pick up food and put it into your mouth.” — Albert Ellis
460. “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” ― David Mamet
461. I love to sleep, because it’s like a time machine for breakfast.
462. “Cooking is the ultimate giving.” – Jamie Oliver
463. “You can tell a lot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jellybeans.”
464. “Well, food’s always the way to anybody’s heart, I think, guy or girl.”
465. “Italy will always have the best food.”
466. “In Italy, food is an expression of love. It is how you show those around you that you care for them. Having a love for food means you also have a love for those you are preparing it for and for yourself.”
467. “Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard and believe in yourself.” ― Bill Murray
468. He was a bold man who first ate an oyster - Jonathan Swift.
469. “Tables create conversations.” – Authentic Food Quest
470. “I know once people get connected to real food, they never change back.” - Alice Waters
471. “Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.” – Anthony Bourdain
472. “Every now and then, I'll run into someone who claims not to like chocolate, and while we live in a country where everyone has the right to eat what they want, I want to say for the record that I don't trust these people, that I think something is wrong with them, and that they're probably - and this must be said - total duds in bed.”
473. “A food’s value is based on how good it tastes.” — Homaro Cantu
474. “Food is the most primitive form of comfort.” ― Sheilah Graham Westbrook
475. You want a pizza this?
476. “Initially let your food do the talking. You’ll be surprised how far you go in a short period of time.” ― Gordon Ramsay
477. “Do you know what breakfast cereal is made of? It's made of all those little curly wooden shavings you find in pencil sharpeners!”
478. “Food brings people together on many different levels. It’s nourishment of the soul and body; it’s truly love.” — Giada De Laurentiis
479. I make ice cream disappear. What’s your superpower?
480. “A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussels sprouts never do.” ~P. J. O’Rourke
481. “Comfort food is the food that makes us feel good – satisfied, calm, cared for, and carefree. It’s food that fills us up emotionally and physically. … Finding comfort in food is a basic human experience.” – Ellie Krieger
482. One does not need silver cutlery to eat delectable food.
483. Being a foodie is difficult because all you want to do is eat - sometimes your friends’ food as well.
484. “Anyone who’s a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is: ‘Is it good? Does it give pleasure?’”
485. “Eating is so intimate. It’s very sensual. When you invite someone to sit at your table and you want to cook for them, you’re inviting a person into your life.” - Maya Angelou
486. “He showed the words “chocolate cake” to a group of Americans and recorded their word associations. “Guilt” was the top response. If that strikes you as unexceptional, consider the response of French eaters to the same prompt: “celebration.”
487. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
488. Even breakfast should begin with the desert.
489. You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.
490. “Life is like eating artichokes; you have got to go through so much to get so little.” ~Thomas Aloysius (Tad) Dorgan
491. “Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.” –Ruth Reichl
492. “Old people shouldn’t eat health foods. They need all the preservatives they can get.” ~Robert Orben
493. “You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity.”
494. Oh, did you say exercise? I thought you said extra fries!
495. “The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.”
496. “There’s also some really solid kneading to be done here, which is the best cure for a troubled heart: hands in the dough, window wide, something jaunty on the radio.” ― Ella Risbridger
497. “A potato may look like a dirty stone, but cutting it and frying it will get you French Fries, a side dish for any burger.” ��� Andrew Zimmer
498. “Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.”
499. Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
500. ” Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. ” ~Mark Twain
501. “Never eat more than you can life.” - Miss Piggy
502. “I learned a long time ago that trying to micromanage the perfect vacation is always a disaster. That leads to terrible times.” – Anthony Bourdain
503. “I know once people get connected to real food, they never change back.”
504. “You can't just eat good food. You've got to talk about it too. And you've got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food.”
505. “To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.”
506. “You only live once… Lick the bowl!” ― Unknown
507. “Invest in what’s real. Clean as you go. Drink while you cook. Make it fun. It doesn’t have to be complicated. It will be what it will be.” ― Gwyneth Paltrow
508. A burger is meant to be eaten like you love it.
509. “Tell me what to eat, and I will tell you what you are.”
510. “The belly rules the mind.”
511. “When I ponder my mind I consistently find It is glued On food.” — Ogden Nash
512. “Cooking is about surrender.�� ― Tembi Locke
513. “If you think of someone's good qualities as the umeboshi in an onigiri it's as if their qualities are stuck to their back! Maybe the reason people get jealous of each other is because they can see so clearly the umeboshi on other people's backs.”
514. “Good food ends with good talk.” – Geoffrey Neighbor
515. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
516. “Cooking is about surrender.” – Tembi Locke
517. “Cooking is a caring and nurturing act. It’s kind of the ultimate gift for someone, to cook for them.” – Curtis Stone
518. Thank you, horseradish, for being neither a radish nor a horse. What you are is a liar food” - Jimmy Fallon.
519. “I’d rather have leftover pizza than leftover feelings.” ―Sarah Burgess
520. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz
521. I will stop eating ice cream out of the container once I make it completely level.
522. “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.”
523. “Without experimentation, a willingness to ask questions and try new things, we shall surely become static, repetitive, and moribund.”
524. “Food like love is a deeply emotional matter.” ― Julia Child
525. “We live in a world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
526. “The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you’ve to have a what-the-hell attitude.”
527. “Popcorn for breakfast! Why not? It's a grain. It's like, like, grits, but with high self-esteem.”
528. “Hospitality is one form of worship.” -The Talmud
529. “So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being.” — Franz Kafka
530. “Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people eat together.” – Guy Fieri
531. The secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside” - Mark Twain.
532. “I love you like a fat kid loves cake!”
533. “Comfort food is hearty. When hearts are heavy, they need gravitational and emotional equilibrium: meatloaf and mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, chicken pot pie, red beans and rice, creamy risotto. Food that reassures us that we will survive.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
534. Eat gelato like there’s no tomorrow!
535. “Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.”
536. “That without experimentation, a willingness to ask questions and try new things, we shall surely become static, repetitive, moribund.”
537. Some days I eat salads and go to the gym. Some days I eat cupcakes and refuse to put on pants. It’s called balance.
538. “It is the man who drinks the first bottle of saké; then the second bottle drinks the first, and finally it is the saké that drinks the man.”~Japanese proverb
539. “Make food a very incidental part of your life by filling your life so full of meaningful things that you’ll hardly have time to think about food.” ― Peace Pilgrim
540. “People who love to eat are always the best people.”
541. “Laughter is brightest in the place where food is.”
542. Let’s gain some weight!
543. “Healthy eating is a way of life, so it’s important to establish routines that are simple, realistically, and ultimately livable.” – Horace
544. “The more you eat, the less flavor; the less you eat, the more flavor.” – Chinese Proverb
545. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something
546. “I won’t be impressed with technology until I can download food.” ― Unknown
547. “Cooking is an expression that crosses boundaries." - Ranveer Brar
548. “Tofu tacos are not Mexican. I think putting tofu on anything and calling it Mexican is an insult to my people.”
549. “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” ― Aland D. Wolfelt
550. At home I serve the kind of food I know the story behind” - Michael Pollan.
551. “To me, food is as much about the moment, the occasion, the location, and the company as it is about the taste.” – Heston Blumenthal
552. “Cooking well does not mean cooking fancy”- Julia Child
553. “It’s okay to play with your food.” ― Emeril Lagasse
554. “Like I said before, your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
555. “Listen to the people who love you. Believe that they are worth living for even when you don't believe it. Seek out the memories depression takes away and project them into the future. Be brave; be strong; take your pills. Exercise because it's good for you even if every step weighs a thousand pounds. Eat when food itself disgusts you. Reason with yourself when you have lost your reason.”
556. “If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it; that surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die.” — William Shakespeare
557. “I am a great eater of beef, and I believe that does harm to my wit.” ~William Shakespeare
558. “If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.”
559. “A party without a cake is really just a meeting.” ― Julia Child
560. “Food is our common ground, a universal experience.” – James Beard
561. “Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner.” - Sophia Loren
562. “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” ― Doug Larson
563. “I’ve come to appreciate cooking over the years. It’s an art, I’m convinced of it, just as noble as painting or poetry. It’s not appreciated simply because the product disappears so quickly” ― Kazuo Ishiguro
564. Being in love with food isn’t a statement. It is an emotion.
565. “Food brings people together on many different levels. It’s nourishment of the soul and body; it’s truly love.”
566. “Life is a combination of magic and pasta.” -Federico Fellini
567. “A recipe has no soul, You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe” - Thomas Keller.
568. “Sometimes me think, ‘What is Friend?’ and then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’”
569. “By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgement.” – Steve Maraboli
570. “Good food is the foundation of genuine happiness.”
571. “The smell of good bread baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight.”
572. “Food is not rational. Food is culture, habit, craving, and identity.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
573. “First we eat, then we do everything else.”
574. “Food is my drug of choice.” — Barbara Grizzuti Harrison
575. “It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it.”
576. If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him…the people who give you their food give you their heart.- Cesar Chavez
577. Vitello tonnato is a classic dish from Italy’s Piedmont region that, frankly, sounds patently insane: veal slices dressed in a creamy sauce made from canned tuna and capers. The brain may say no, but the mouth disagrees.
578. “The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.”
579. Donut kill my vibe.
580. Every pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself.
581. Seconds, thirds... who's counting?
582. “Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.” – M. F. K. Fisher
583. “How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?”
584. “I pray you, do not fall in love with me, for I am falser than vows made in wine.” - William Shakespeare
585. “Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.”
586. “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” - Ernestine Ulmer
587. “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” ― George Bernard Shaw
588. “It is the food which you furnish to your mind that determines the whole character of your life.” — Emmet Fox
589. “Wine is bottled poetry.”
590. Calories? I think you mean delicious points
591. “The only thing that will make a souffle fall is if it knows you’re afraid of it.” ― James Beard
592. I’m on a seafood diet. I see food, I eat it.
593. “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” -Alan D. Wolfelt
594. “I’ve long believed that good food, good eating, is all about risk. Whether we’re talking about unpasteurized Stilton, raw oysters or working for organized crime associates, food, for me, has always been an adventure.”
595. “You don’t have to eat less, you just have to eat right.” – Unknown
596. There is no better feeling than a warm pizza box on your lap.