1. I don't get jealousy, I don't get how people hate each other - I never did. — Nas
2. “Do you want to be that person with all of their reactions, their desires, their family, their happiness level, their outlook on life, and their self image? If you’re not willing to do a whole sale, 24/7, 100% swap with who that person is, then there’s no point in being jealous.” – Naval Ravikant
3. “Jealousy is a crutch.” – Terri Guillemets
4. “There is never jealousy where there is not strong regard.” Washington Irving
5. “Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies.” – Elizabeth Bowen
6. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz.
7. “Wisdom I know is social. She seeks her fellows. But Beauty is jealous, and illy bears the presence of a rival.” — Thomas Jefferson
8. “I don’t have time for distractions and lies.” Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts
9. “Envy was once considered to be one of the seven deadly sins before it became one of the most admired virtues under its new name, ‘social justice.’” – Thomas Sowell
10. “I wanted all of his attention. I wished I could fill it into a bottle and carry it around with me. I wanted to bathe in it. I wanted his gaze to stay fixed on me, only me. I wanted to stare into those beautiful gray eyes for as long as I lived.”
11. “Never love unless you can bear with all the faults of man: Men will sometimes jealous be, Though but little cause they see.” – Thomas Campion
12. Envy is ever joined with the comparing of a man's self; and where there is no comparison, no envy. — Francis Bacon
13. “Sometimes, you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care, because they don’t.” – Author Unknown.
14. “Criticism is great when it’s based on concrete arguments, but useless when it’s done out of jealousy.”
15. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” – Mario Puzo.
16. “Don’t get mad when people act jealous towards you—they’re just envious of your awesomeness.” —Anonymous
17. As iron is eaten away by rust, so the envious are consumed by their own passion. — Antisthenes
18. “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” – Jim Henson
19. “All jealousy must be strangled in its birth, or time will soon make it strong enough to overcome the truth.” — Davenant
20. I am used to jealousy and people putting me in a box and labeling me without really knowing me. — Sonja Morgan
21. “When you strengthen your self-esteem, there is no room for jealousy.” — Harold H. Bloomfield
22. “A selfish friend invites you into their maze of painful emotions and then traps you there.” ― Christina J. Daniels
23. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and emphasizes your strengths.”
24. “Envy is ever joined with the comparing of a man’s self; and where there is no comparison, no envy.” – Francis Bacon
25. “Take heed you harbor not that vice called Envy, lest another’s happiness be your torment, and God’s blessing become your curse.” – Wellins Calcott
26. “You can’t be friends with someone who wants your life.”– Oprah Winfrey
27. “If you are getting jealous of someone excellence, believe me it will make you upset, disturbing, nervous, confused, distressing, and so on.”― Santosh Kumar
28. “No one can have all he wants, but a man can refrain from wanting what he has not, and cheerfully make the best of a bird in the hand.” – Seneca
29. “Turn the flame of jealousy into the fire of self-improvement.”
30. “You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself.” – Margaret Atwood
31. “Your healing will begin the moment you realize who you need to distance yourself from.” ― r. m. drake
32. “Jealousy is not a barometer by which the depth of love can be read, it merely records the degree of the lover’s insecurity.” – Margaret Mead
33. “Envy and jealousy are human nature. But when they shape your character and guide your actions, the results are ugly and mean.”
34. “Being jealous of a beautiful woman is not going to make you beautiful.”
35. “It is never wise to seek or wish for another’s misfortune. If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang.” – Charley Reese
36. “Insecure and unfulfilled people cannot help but be jealous. Only inner security and individual fulfilment as a person will reduce jealousy until, one day, it disappears. It will be replaced by a calm confidence, a steady happiness, a strong resilience, and an interesting, beautiful life. If we keep our eyes on our own path in life, we will lose the egotistical pride which frequently accompanies success and also makes us vulnerable to a fall. When things go well, we will be grateful. When they do not, we will be patient. We will accept success with ease and perspective, and failure with tolerance.”
37. “Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretense of keeping it alive.”- Havelock Ellis, On Life and Sex: Essays of Love and Virtue, 1937
38. The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time. — Johann Kaspar Lavater
39. Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love. — George Eliot
40. Jealousy is the great exaggerator. — Johann Chrisoph Friedrich von Schiller
41. “Passion can quickly slip to jealous or even hatred.” – Arthur Golden
42. I do not say anything from jealousy. — Anna Held
43. “Keep your attention focused entirely on what is truly your own concern, and be clear that what belongs to others is their business and none of yours.” – Epictetus
44. “You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.”– Gary Allan
45. “What a desperate, pathetic fool I was. Time after time, my “friends” had shown me their true colors. Yet, I still wanted to believe they were sorry for causing me pain. p. 128” ― Jodee Blanco, Please Stop Laughing at Me… One Woman’s Inspirational Story
46. “Love does not dwell on how much one receives in return. If there is ever any balance in love, it is in a contest of who can love who more.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy
47. “Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.” ― H.G. Wells
48. Never underestimate the power of jealousy and the power of envy to destroy. Never underestimate that. — Oliver Stone
49. “Oh? Nearly so?” Fury twisted inside her. “I apologize for intruding so unexpectedly, for interrupting your passionate liaison. I suppose if Isabel and I had not walked in, you would still be there even now. On the floor together perhaps.”
50. “Jealousy injures us with the dagger of self-doubt.” – Terri Guillemets
51. “I’ve never been jealous before I met you, it burns, luv. Like silver through my veins.” — Jeaniene Frost
52. Jealousy isn't a pleasant quality, but if it isn't overdone (and if it's combined with modesty), apart from its inconvenience there's even something touching about it. — Milan Kundera
53. “O jealousy! thou magnifier of trifles.” – Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
54. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” Elie Wiesel
55. “Some people aren’t loyal to you. They are loyal to their needs of you. Once their needs change, so does their loyalty.” – Author Unknown.
56. “Jealousy is not something you can turn off, it’s one of the natural feelings just like love.” ― Sarvesh Jain
57. “It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered.” ~Aeschylus
58. real friends get jealous when you have other friends, but real friends do not force you to not have more than 1 friend. If you see this follow me lol - Mary.
59. An emotional leech is addicted to what makes you special. Find the spot they’ve latched on to and remove them before they suck out your joy, faith, strength, and/or courage. ― Christina J. Daniels
60. “Maybe jealousy and envy would fade if we knew the full story behind success. Maybe we would be less likely to put people on a pedestal.” – James Clear
61. “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson.
62. “Our envy of others devours us most of all.” – Alexander Solzhenitsyn
63. Jealousy is the jaundice of the soul. — John Dryden
64. “Envy blinds men and makes it impossible for them to think clearly.” – Malcolm X
65. “Jealousy is the great exaggerator.” – Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
66. “Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they want to find a flaw.” ― Gosho Aoyama
67. “One of the most powerful lessons in life is to recognize that no one can give you power, and many people don’t want you to have it. You have to find the courage to seize it, own it and hold on!” ― Shannon L. Alder
68. “Jealousy is an attempt to hold by force what you know you can’t hold by merit” ― Bangambiki Habyarimana
69. “Friends are relatives you make for yourself.” – Eustache Deschamps
70. “Kai neared his desk again, seeing that the fugitive's profile had been transferred to the screen. His frown deepened. Perhaps not dangerous, but young and inarguably good-looking. His prison photo showed him flippantly winking at the camera. Kai hated him immediately.”
71. “If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.” – Mother Teresa
72. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” – Winnie the Pooh.
73. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
74. “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” – Misty Copeland
75. If your friend get jealous when you achieve something, then they are not your friend. som original - ★.
76. “We live in a culture that relishes tearing others down. It’s ultimately more fulfilling, though, to help people reach their goals. Instead of feeling jealous, remember: If God did it for them, He can do it for you.”
77. “The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause.” – Baltasar Gracián, translated from Spanish
78. “If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.” ― Mother Teresa
79. “Hunger, revenge, to sleep are petty foes, But only death the jealous eyes can close.”
80. “Do to others as you would have them do to you.” – Luke 6:31
81. “We didn’t realize we were making memories. We just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie the Pooh.
82. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard.
83. The knives of jealousy are honed on details. — Ruth Rendell
84. “You give loyalty, you’ll get it back. You give love, you’ll get it back.” – Tommy Lasorda.
85. “If you’re jealous of someone else it simply means you have not come to a true acceptance and appreciation of yourself.” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
86. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy. They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust.
87. “A sentiment which is born in love and which is produced by the fear that the loved person prefers someone else.”
88. Never hate jealous people. They are jealous because they think you are better than them. — Paulo Coelho
89. “Women’s friendships are like a renewable source of power.” – Jane Fonda
90. “I have a choice.
91. “The jealous bring down the curse they fear upon their own heads.” – Dorothy Dix
92. “Friends are never jealous for your success, they are only jealous of success not shared with them.” – Urban Saying.
93. “Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies.” Elizabeth Bowen
94. “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way, you will fulfill the law of Christ.” – Galatians 6:2
95. “The fastest way to lose friends and alienate people is to get better and improve yourself.” – Life Math Money
96. “Jealousy is the fire of envy that seeks to destroy another’s beauty, rather than to create its own.” ― Wes Fesler
97. “Friends don't get jealous of each other or begrudge the other for finding success. They celebrate every victory together.” — Karen Kingsbury
98. “If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.” — Mother Teresa
99. “People only rain on your parade because they’re jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.”
100. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” – Markus Zusak.
101. “A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor’s.” ― Richard Whately
102. “Jealousy is, I think, the worst of all faults because it makes a victim of both parties.” Gene Tierney
103. “What is jealousy but a reflection of your own failures?” — Michael Connelly
104. “Flip a negative statement of jealousy into a positive statement about your values, goals and abilities? For example, “I am grateful I am someone who wants to be the best I can be, and who works hard to achieve my goals”.”
105. “Pride may go before a fall, but jealousy goes before destruction.” ― Gladys Taber
106. Fools may our scorn, not envy, raise. For envy is a kind of praise. — John Gay
107. “Love much dear friends, for love will bring the healing joy and hope of Spring. . . ” – John McLeod
108. “None are so inconsiderate as those who demand nothing of life other than their own personal comfort.” ― Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
109. “Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights.” – Shannon L. Alder
110. “Earthquakes just happen. Tornadoes just happen. Your tongue does not just happen to fall into some other girls mouth!”
111. I hate jealousy, I hate possessiveness. I'm nobody's possession. — Olga Kurylenko
112. “One minute I’m standing there behind everyone and the next thing I know, I’m between Matthew and Viola, I have my knife out pointing at him, my own Noise falling like an avalanche and my mouth saying, “You best take two steps away from her and you best be taking ’em right quick.”
113. I am convinced that the jealous, the angry, the bitter, and the egotistical are the first to race to the top of mountains. A confident person enjoys the journey, the people they meet along the way and sees life not as a competition. — Shannon L. Alder
114. “Jealous people destroy what they are incapable of creating.” — Paul Guth
115. “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” — Drake
116. “If you’re suffering from problems of self-esteem or from constant bouts of jealousy, it didn’t happen overnight.” — Bailey Jackson
117. “Throughout life, from childhood, from school until we die, we are taught to compare ourselves with another; yet when I compare myself with another I am destroying myself.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
118. “Jealousy is a natural feeling, even when your happy for the person and you love them.” Sonja Morgan
119. It is never wise to seek or wish for another's misfortune. If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang. — Charley Reese
120. “I thought that jealousy was an idea. It isn’t. It’s a pain. But I didn’t feel as they do in a Broadway melodrama. I didn’t want to kill anybody. I just wanted to die.” – Floyd Dell
121. “Jealousy blurs the focus.” ― Toba Beta
122. “The jealousy that arises from another’s achievement is overcome by developing an awareness of and admiration for one’s own and other’s achievement.” ― Dalai Lama
123. Those who enjoy their own emotionally bad health and who habitually fill their own minds with the rank poisons of suspicion, jealousy and hatred, as a rule take umbrage at those who refuse to do likewise, and they find a perverted relief in trying to denigrate them. — Johannes Brahms
124. “Loyalty is about people who stay true to you behind your back.” – Unknown.
125. “I roll my eyes. "So when did I become so special? When they carted me off to the Capitol?"
126. “Rust consumes iron, and envy consumes itself.”- Danish Proverb.
127. “Jealousy is a funny thing. We spend so much of high school consumed by it, hating that another person has something we don’t, wishing we could taste what it’s like to be them.” ― Casey McQuiston
128. “Envy and jealousy are the private parts of the human soul. Perhaps the comparison can be extended.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
129. “Make no mistake about it, people who say they love you but cannot be happy for your success do not love you.” ― Germany Kent
130. “Moral evil is the immorality and pain and suffering and tragedy that come because we choose to be selfish, arrogant, uncaring, hateful and abusive.” ― Lee Strobel
131. Jealousy is all the fun you think they had. — Erica Jong
132. “Never hate jealous people. They are jealous because they think you are better than them.” — Paulo Coelho.
133. “Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point – that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative – self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it’s a mistake or luck.” – Jennifer James
134. “Look around you at the people you spend the most time with and realize that your life can’t rise any higher than your friendships.” ― Mandy Hale
135. “And the stars will turn green in envy of your light.”
136. Jealousy—tormenting yourself, for fear you should be tormented by another. — Paul Chatfield
137. “I always had a mentality we would forever be friends, but to my shock, forever was shorter than I ever expected.” — Unknown.
138. “Envy shoots at others and wounds itself.” – English Proverb
139. “Envy is thin because it bites but never eats.” – Spanish Proverb.
140. “Whoever envies another confesses his superiority.” – Samuel Johnson
141. “Jealousy is a dog’s bark which attracts thieves.” -Karl Kraus
142. “Envy is like a fly that passes all the body’s sounder parts, and dwells upon the sores.” – Arthur Chapman
143. “Some people will leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” – Unknown.
144. Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. — Milan Kundera
145. “Allow me to assure you, that suspicion and jealousy never did help any man in any situation.” — Abraham Lincoln
146. “Keep in mind, hurting people often hurt other people as a result of their own pain. If somebody is rude and inconsiderate, you can almost be certain that they have some unresolved issues inside. They have some major problems, anger, resentment, or some heartache they are trying to cope with or overcome.” ― Joel Osteen
147. If they can't apologize and admit what they did wrong, they will do it again. ― Christina J. Daniels
148. “A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” – Seneca
149. “You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.” Gary Allan
150. “A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity.” – Robert A. Heinlein
151. They struggle with insecurity and self-esteem
152. “Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn't change the heart of others-- it only changes yours.”
153. “In my experience lust only ever leads to misery. All that suspicion and jealousy and anguish it unleashes. I don’t want those things in my life.” ― Chrissie Hynde
154. “You can’t be yourself within jealousy.” – Toba Beta
155. “Sometimes we get jealous because we want what other people have and sometimes we get jealous because we want them.” —Unknown
156. “Jealousy is the tie that binds, and binds, and binds.” -Helen Rowland
157. “Aside from the real threats that are often present in our lives, there are other triggers of jealousy that are rooted in our own problems.” — Ryan Help
158. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” – Leo Buscaglia.
159. “The silence of a true friend always hurts more than the rough words spoken by the enemy.” – Unknown.
160. Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own. — Amanda Metcalf
161. “Envy is the coward side of Hate, and all her ways are bleak and desolate.” – Henry Abbey
162. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
163. “Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.” – Paul Eldridge
164. “Envy slays itself by its own arrows.”
165. Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening. — Maya Angelou
166. Surrounded by the flames of jealousy, the jealous one winds up, like the scorpion, turning the poisoned sting against himself. — Friedrich Nietzsche
167. “There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.” – William Butler Yeats.
168. “If they refuse to heal then they have no place in your life.” ― Christina J. Daniels
169. Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.” — Carrie Fisher
170. “Jealousy is an ugly emotion, but it tells the truth. You mostly envy those who have what you desire.” – Susan Cain
171. “You act as if I’m talking a bunch of bullshit. If it was, it wouldn’t hurt so much. It hurts so much because it’s true. You know it’s true, otherwise, you wouldn’t be crying right now.”
172. “Jealousy… is a mental cancer.”- C. Forbes
173. “Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little.” – Gore Vidal
174. “The lovesick, the betrayed, and the jealous all smell alike.” – Colette
175. “No true love there can be without its dread penalty – jealousy.” — Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
176. Jealousy is natural but it isn’t necessary original sound - MIYU <3.
177. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller.
178. “Jealousy is a disease. Get well soon.”
179. “Yet he was jealous, though he did not show it, for jealousy dislikes the world to know it.” – Lord Byron
180. “Jealousy is the cousin of greed. We seem to focus on what we want and lose sight of what we really need.”
181. “I don’t ever remember being particularly jealous of anybody, because I figured if I can’t do it myself, I don’t deserve to get it.” — Clyde Tombaugh
182. It's true that people who feel inadequate, insecure, or overly dependent tend to be more jealous than others. — Helen Fisher
183. “In friendship, let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair; the rest is in the hands of God.”
184. “Envy is an insult to oneself.” – Yevgeny Yevtushenko
185. “Men are so constituted that every one undertakes what he sees another successful in, whether he has aptitude for it or not.” – Johann Von Goethe
186. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn.
187. “If you want to be a generous giver, you have to watch out for selfish takers.” ― Adam Grant
188. “Jealousy is a disease; love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.”– Robert Heinlein
189. “Isn't it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?”
190. “Over a small misunderstanding God will expose how people really feel about you…” ― Gugu Mofokeng
191. “Jealousy is love in competition.” ― Toba Beta
192. “Jealousy is an ugly emotion that makes people do some seriously whacked shit and when a woman is experiencing it, it’s worse.” – Kristen Ashley
193. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie
194. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell.
195. “Jealousy is all the fun you think they had.” Erica Jong
196. “Are your friends TRULY your friends? If you didn’t have what you have, or do the things that you do for them, would you still have all of your so-called friends? Do they like you for YOU, or do they like what you can offer them? It’s time to be honest with yourself and face your truth. Fake friendships aren’t welcome here!” ― Stephanie Lahart
197. “Jealous people want to see you do good, but never better than them.”
198. “More men die of jealousy than of cancer.” – Joseph P. Kennedy
199. “What have I to be jealous of? The fact that you prefer your mistress to…” Oh, no. Her voice was catching in her throat. “…to… me…” She hiccupped embarrassingly, tears flowing over.
200. People don’t change. They just take their masks off.
201. “When I look at you, I can feel it. I look at you, And I’m home,” – Finding Nemo
202. “Jealousy can make you a devil you didn't know you could be.”
203. Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretense of keeping it alive. ” — Havelock Ellis
204. Discover how to move on from heartbreak and achieve bedroom satisfaction with our proven tips.. Details
205. “A negative judgment gives you more satisfaction than praise, provided it smacks of jealousy.” -Jean Baudrillard
206. “The presence of the shield feats can also arise in some cases of pathological jealousy. Here, the dreaded anti-feat would be infidelity, understood as anti-feat when it destroys pride and social prestige. One of the shield feats that would appear is the awareness. Here, the logic would be "aware" of infidelity operating as a consolation or compensation that serves to cushion the blow to the pride that infidelity brings. Therefore, this shield feat of awareness is the belief that infidelity has already occurred”
207. “Selfishness comes from poverty in the heart, from the belief that love is not abundant.” ― Don Miguel Ruiz
208. Jealousy is a scary thing. — Laura Dern
209. “Jealousy is that pain which a man feels from the apprehension that he is not equally beloved by the person whom he entirely loves.” – Joseph Addison
210. “Jealousy is an ugly emotion that makes people do some seriously whacked shit and when a woman is experiencing it, it’s worse.” ― Kristen Ashley
211. “Jealousy is love in competition.” – Toba Beta
212. “One of the most powerful lessons in life is to recognize that no one can give you power, and many people don’t want you to have it. You have to find the courage to seize it, own it and hold on!” – Shannon L. Alder
213. The envious person grows lean with the fatness of their neighbor. — Socrates
214. Love shouldn't be about jealousy or anything like that. It should be about commitment and being able to trust that person. If you can't have that from the get-go, there's a problem. — Aaron Carter
215. “Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.” – B.C. Forbes.
216. Jealousy is the fear or apprehension of superiority: envy our uneasiness under it. — William Shenstone
217. “The bitter often band together into anti-support groups, conspiring to ensure no one succeeds. Forward momentum is stamped out quickly by the ambient sense of disapproval. Individual growth threatens the communal cover story. ‘If you can progress, what does that say about me?’” – Marcus Aurelius
218. “Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening.”- Maya Angelou
219. “Someone’s good fortune is not your misfortune.”
220. original sound - Kaii.
221. “Fake friends get mad when we don’t pretend to like them.“ ― Carlos Wallace
222. “Nothing brings on jealousy like laughter.” – Françoise Sagan
223. “Everyone experiences bouts of jealousy; but the dignified person conceals it, while the vulgar one acts upon it.” – Ibn Taymiyyah
224. “I appreciate you more because of the road I’ve traveled. My story brought me to you, and I wouldn’t revise a word of my past if it led me anywhere but to your door.” – Aaron Polson.
225. “Even the sun is jealous of the way you shine.”
226. “You have to be great friends and make each other laugh. We laugh a lot, and neither is jealous of the other.” – Ruby Wax.
227. “Jealousy and love are sisters.” – Russian Proverb
228. “A little jealousy can be a good thing, for we may be reminded to appreciate what we have.” – Shane Parrish
229. “You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend. I’ll train you.” – Unknown.
230. “Those who do not like you fall into two categories: the stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time, the envious never.”
231. “Without jealousy, the flame of love will be extinguished.”
232. “Surrounded by the flames of jealousy, the jealous one winds up, like the scorpion, turning the poisoned sting against himself.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
233. “I no longer look for the good in people, I search for the real… because while good is often dressed in fake clothing, real is naked and proud no matter the scars.” ― Chishala Lishomwa
234. “You are jealous because you are unaware that everything you need is inside you.” – Peter Deunov
235. original sound - thelonelypringle.
236. “Stop worrying about someone taking your spot. God already have it reserved. Do the work to get there and fill it!” ― Yvonne Pierre
237. “What does it mean to “cast shade” on your friend? It’s when you try to spot their weaknesses, shortcomings or insecurities in any given situation in order to act in the more favourable or popular way, so that you can shine in the eyes of others. Example: Your friend is under sudden, aggressive criticism; instead of helping her out of it, you throw her under the bus by siding with her critics. Another example: your friend has social anxiety; you spot this as an opportunity to be “the fun one” and deliberately, maliciously try to be outgoing and joyful even when you’re not genuinely feeling that way. Outshining someone by virtue of deliberate comparison to their vulnerable spots: that is casting shade.” ― C. JoyBell C.
238. “Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
239. “Jealousy!” Claire exclaimed, drawing herself up. “I assure you—I am not jealous in the least. If she wants you, she is welcome to have you. I did not want you in the first place, as you will recall.”
240. “A storyteller makes up things to help other people; a liar makes up things to help himself.” ― Daniel Wallace,The Kings and Queens of Roam
241. “Remember: people only rain on your parade because they’re jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.”
242. Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistible urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.” — J.R. Ward
243. “A show of envy is an insult to oneself.” – Yevgeny Alexandrovich Yevtushenko
244. “O! Beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on.” – William Shakespeare
245. “Envy, if surrounded on all sides by the brightness of another’s prosperity, like the scorpion confined within a circle of fire, will sting itself to death.” – Charles Caleb Colton
246. “Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealousy, and envy.” — Og Mandino
247. “Friendship must never be buried under the weight of misunderstanding.” — Sri Chinmoy “Fighting for a relationship is worth it, but you should avoid it when you are the only one fighting.” – Unknown.
248. “You can’t have a friendship without trust, and you can’t have trust without honesty.”
249. “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” – Randy Pausch.
250. Jealousy - that jumble of secret worship and ostensible aversion. — Emil Cioran
251. “She let the jealousy slip out of her fingertips.” – Jodi Lynn Anderson
252. From finding love to a successful marriage, our comprehensive collection has all the dating and love advice you need.. Details
253. “I don’t know how long I’ll be around, but I plan on leaving a mark.” —Unknown
254. “Jealousy is a creator of demons.”
255. “There will always be someone willing to hurt you, put you down, gossip about you, belittle your accomplishments and judge your soul. It is a fact that we all must face. However, if you realize that God is a best friend that stands beside you when others cast stones you will never be afraid, never feel worthless and never feel alone.” Shannon Alder
256. “I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends.” – Unknown.
257. “The best way to avoid envy is to deserve the success you get.” – Aristotle
258. “They'll say you are bad
259. “Jealousy. It’s an ugly word. It has a bad reputation. But in the end, it’s an instinctive feeling. It’s not something we choose to feel any more than anger or pain. It is how we react to it that is the key.”
260. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.”
261. “Never make a decision when you are upset, sad, jealous or in love.”
262. “Jealousy is never satisfied with anything short of an omniscience that would detect the subtlest fold of the heart.” – George Eliot
263. “Envy of others is always a reflection of something we feel about ourselves.” – Shane Parrish
264. “I think it’s important to get your surroundings as well as yourself into a positive state – meaning surround yourself with positive people, not the kind who are negative and jealous of everything you do.” Heidi Klum
265. “You’ve got a friend in me.” – Toy Story
266. “If two people can fully trust one another and are good at communicating with each other, jealousy will never win. NEVER!” — Robert Rain
267. “You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself.”
268. The surprising secrets that guarantee your man will never pull away from you again.. Details
269. “Jealousy only eats up your beauty. Have faith in yourself. You have something that other’s don’t”
270. “There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.” – Diana Cortes.
271. “Jealousy implies dissatisfaction with what you are.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
272. Nothing is more capable of troubling our reason, and consuming our health, than secret notions of jealousy in solitude. — Aphra Behn
273. “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” – Hubert H. Humphrey.
274. “I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you.” – Unknown.
275. “Envy is a deadly sin that wants to rip away the blessings others have to feed your inadequacy.”
276. A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity. — Robert A. Heinlein
277. “Every other sin hath some pleasure annexed to it, or will admit of an excuse: envy alone wants both.” – Robert Burton, The Anatomy of Melancholy
278. “Envy suggests inferiority.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
279. People can do all kinds of things that maybe aren't wise in hindsight because of jealousy. — Kristin Bauer van Straten
280. “Feeling we have to be constantly updated about the lives of our friends and that everything we say has to be out there leads to frustration, anger and jealousy much more than it leads to anything else.” Derren Brown
281. “But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilling yearnings.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
282. “Jealousy is a disease. Get well soon.” — Paris Hilton
283. “It seems they had always been, and always would be, friends. Time could change, but not that.” – Winnie the Pooh.
284. “Jealousy’s a weak emotion.” – Jay-Z
285. “Envy is thin because it bites but never eats.” – Spanish Proverb
286. “Five enemies of peace inhabit with us – avarice, ambition, envy, anger, and pride; if these were to be banished, we should infallibly enjoy perpetual peace.” – Petrarch
287. “Jealousy is the paralysis of love.” — Luc de Clapiers
288. “He who is jealous, is never jealous of what you see, with what is imagined is enough.” ― Jacinto Benavente
289. “Don’t waste time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind.” – Mary Schmich
290. “Whatever you do in life, make it matter. Along the way, you will discover that not everyone is on your side.” ― Carlos Wallace, Life Is Not Complicated
291. “Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.” ― Stephen Kendrick
292. “Jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire.” -Solomon Ibn Gabirol
293. “People don’t hurt you by being successful; you hurt yourself by being envious of them.”
294. “Jealousy is always born with love, but does not always die with it.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
295. Jealousy contains more of self-love than of love. — Francois de La Rochefoucauld
296. “Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other.” – 1 John 4:11
297. Envy is a strong involuntary feeling that you cannot get rid of by just wishing or willing it away.
298. “Jealousy is, I think, the worst of all faults because it makes a victim of both parties.” -Gene Tierney
299. “Fools may our scorn, not envy, raise. For envy is a kind of praise.” – John Gay
300. “Why do we feel jealousy? Therapists often regard the demon as a scar of childhood trauma or a symptom of a psychological problem. And it’s true that people who feel inadequate, insecure, or overly dependent tend to be more jealous than others.” –Helen Fisher
301. “Foolish, selfish people are always thinking of themselves and the result is always negative. Wise persons think of others, helping them as much as they can, and the result is happiness. Love and compassion are beneficial both for you and others. Through your kindness to others, your mind and heart will open to peace.” ― Dalai Lama
302. A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. — Proverbs 14:30
303. “A friendship that can cease has never been real.” — St. Jerome.
304. “We never lose friends, fake ones are exposed.” ― Carlos Wallace
305. “Jealousy is the only vice that gives no pleasure.” – Patrick Henry
306. “Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are every where around you. they will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper.” ― Shizra
307. “Oh, what a bitter thing it is to look into happiness through another man’s eyes.” William Shakespeare
308. I believe in healthy competition not jealousy. — Kovai Sarala
309. “Jealousy – that jumble of secret worship and ostensible aversion.” – Emile M. Cioran
310. “There’s nothing more precious than a loyal friend. If you find one, cherish them.” – Unknown.
311. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.”
312. “Envy aims very high.” – Ovid
313. “Serafina does what she pleases. As you can see, she has no sense of propriety or discretion. She believes she owns Isabel and I even still. Even though, after her unforgiveable actions, she quite thoroughly relinquished rights to us both some time ago. I do not believe Isabel has pardoned her yet. I certainly will not.”
314. Jealousy is, I think, the worst of all faults because it makes a victim of both parties. — Gene Tierney
315. “Dismiss personal jealousy and complaints. Learn to have tolerance and patience, both with yourself and with others.” — Thomas Erikson
316. “It’s such a poisonous emotion because, at the end of the day, you’re no better off, you’re unhappier, and the person you’re jealous of is still successful or good-looking or whatever they are.” – Naval Ravikant
317. “The ear of jealousy heareth all things.” – The Bible
318. “Negative emotions like loneliness, envy, and guilt have an important role to play in a happy life; they’re big, flashing signs that something needs to change.” – Gretchen Rubin
319. “We are all born rude. No infant has ever appeared yet with the grace to understand how inconsiderate it is to disturb others in the middle of the night.” ― Judith Martin
320. “Jealousy is like the moon
321. “Trifles light as air, are to the jealous confirmations strong as proofs of holy writ.” – William Shakespeare, Othello
322. “If you hate others for achieving their dreams, then you deserve the failure you see in your life.” Mitta Xinindlu
323. “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” Sean Covey
324. “Nothing sharpens sight like envy.” – Thomas Fuller
325. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.” ― Karl Lagerfeld
326. “Envy among other ingredients has a mixture of the love of justice in it. We are more angry at undeserved than at deserved good-fortune.” – William Hazlitt
327. “If he doesn’t give you a happy ending maybe it’s because you’re not supposed to end up with him.”
328. “Don’t be envious. Be inspired.” – Thibaut
329. Don't waste time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. — Mary Schmich
330. “Comparison is a very foolish attitude, because each person is unique and incomparable. Once this understanding settles in you, jealousy disappears.” — Osho
331. “Nobody is ever jealous about the process, only the results.” – Regan Jacklin
332. “Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. ” ― Carrie Fisher
333. “Jealousy is all the fun you think they had.” – Erica Jong
334. “Jealousy is the great exaggerator.”- Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller, The Conspiracy of Fiesco, 1783
335. The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves. — William Penn
336. “We are always trying to become something else. We are always trying to become noble, to become a hero, an example, an ideal; and if we really go behind this urge to become, we will find that there is envy and that behind that envy there is fear, the fear of what one is.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
337. “Envy is the central fact of American life.” – Gore Vidal
338. Focus your attention on addressing the source of your envy, instead of trying to eliminate the feeling.
339. “Do not listen to nay-sayers, or those who may be envious or jealous of your intentions. See the possibilities. The world belongs to the doers not the nay-sayers.” — Byron Pulsifer
340. “It's funny how the people who know the least about you, always have the most to say.”
341. “Jealousy lives upon doubts. It becomes madness or ceases entirely as soon as we pass from doubt to certainty.” – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
342. There is a sort of jealousy which needs very little fire; it is hardly a passion, but a blight bred in the cloudy, damp despondency of uneasy egoism. — George Eliot
343. “People hate those who make them feel their own inferiority.” ― Lord Chesterfield
344. “It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.” – Gina Barreca
345. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
346. The surest route to breeding jealousy is to compare. Since jealousy comes from feeling less than another, comparisons only fan the fires. — Dorothy Corkille Briggs
347. “Jealousy—Tormenting yourself, for fear you should be tormented by another.” – Paul Chatfield
348. “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.” – Buddha
349. “Noble hearts are neither jealous nor afraid because jealousy spells doubt and fear spells pettiness.” – Honoré de Balzac
350. “Envy is a waste of time.” – Unknown
351. “Love bears two negative feelings; fear and jealousy, overcoming that, beautify life; otherwise, these become self-hurting.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
352. “Jealousy – that jumble of secret worship and ostensible aversion.” Emil Cioran
353. “Selfish people are, by definition, Those whose activities are devoted to bringing themselves happiness. Yet. . . these selfish people are far less likely to be happy than those whose efforts are devoted to making others happy.” ― Bernard Rimland
354. “What you love is your own love. It’s not love, it’s selfishness. It’s not me you think of, but what you feel about me.” ― John Fowles, The Collector
355. “Good friends will help you until you’re unstuck.” – The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
356. “Broken friendships are very hard to fix but sometimes we just have to believe that everything will be okay in the end.” – Unknown.
357. “To live without comparison is to remove a tremendous burden.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
358. “There is more self-love than love in jealousy.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
359. “When you criticize someone, see if you are doing it out of envy. Your criticism reveals more about yourself than you realize.” – Haemin Sunim
360. “Whether it was a friendship or a relationship, the truth is when it ends, it gives you a heartbreak.” — Unknown.
361. “The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time.”
362. Jealousy is unavoidable - it's part of the price we pay for intimacy. — Rachel Simmons
363. “Afflictive emotions – our jealousy, anger, hatred, fear – can be put to an end. When you realize that these emotions are only temporary, that they always pass on like clouds in the sky, you also realize they can ultimately be abandoned.” – Dalai Lama
364. “Trifles light as air, are to the jealous confirmations strong as proofs of holy writ.” – William Shakespeare
365. “Every time someone gets jealous over me, I’m like… well done.” —Unknown
366. “I believe in healthy competition not jealousy.” Kovai Sarala
367. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself, he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” – Laurence J. Peter
368. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
369. “Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate.” — William Arthur
370. “You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean
371. “As iron is eaten by rust, so are the envious consumed by envy.” – Antisthenes
372. “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” – Fulton J. Sheen
373. Even if people pretend that they're OK with it, jealousy can eat people alive. — Phoebe Fox
374. “Every other sin hath some pleasure annexed to it, or will admit of an excuse: envy alone wants both.” – Robert Burton
375. “A sign of wealth: no envy, no fear.” – Greg Isenberg
376. “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?”- Eugene Kennedy
377. Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights.” — Shannon L. Alder
378. “Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbor to have them through envy.” – Aristotle
379. There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy. — Lope de Vega
380. “It is not love that is blind, but jealousy.” – Lawrence Durrell, Justine, 1957
381. “Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
382. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elisabeth Foley.
383. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.” – Jane Austen
384. “Jealousy’s a weak emotion.” ― Jay-Z
385. “A flower never thinks of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
386. “As we are — the world is. That is, if we are greedy, envious, competitive, our society will be competitive, envious, greedy, which brings misery and war.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
387. “Jealousy and love are sisters.”- Russian Proverb
388. “A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.” – Unknown.
389. “Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate.” – William Arthur Ward
390. “To be jealous of anyone of possessing any blessing is akin to be questioning the wisdom of God.”
391. “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” – Winnie the Pooh.
392. “Envy is a declaration of inferiority.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
393. “A jealous woman does better research than FBI.”
394. “Envy creates silent enemies.” – Robert Greene
395. “If you're jealous of someone else it simply means you have not come to a true acceptance and appreciation of yourself.”
396. “Small minds can’t comprehend big spirits. To be great, you have to be willing to be mocked, hated, and misunderstood. Stay Strong.”
397. “He that is not jealous is not in love.” – Augustine
398. It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered. — Aeschylus
399. “You’re subject to sorrow, fear, jealousy, anger and inconsistency. That’s the real reason you should admit that you are not wise.” – Marcus Aurelius
400. “He who is jealous, is never jealous of what you see, with what is imagined is enough.” – Jacinto Benavente
401. “Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.” ― Israelmore Ayivor, Shaping the dream
402. He that is jealous is not in love. — Saint Augustine
403. “Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners”
404. “Every minute spent in your company become the new greatest minute of my life.” – Bolt
405. “In jealousy there is more self-love than love.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
406. “Jealousy is natural but it isn’t necessary”
407. “I envy people who drink – at least they know what to blame everything on.” – Oscar Levant
408. “Jealousy is the fear of comparison.” –Max Frisch
409. “Accountability in friendship is the equivalent of love without strategy.” – Anita Brookner
410. “It is not greed that drives the world, but envy.” – Warren Buffett
411. “Yet he was jealous, though he did not show it, For jealousy dislikes the world to know it.” — Lord Byron
412. “When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: The people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous and surely… None of them can hurt me. Don’t waste the rest of your time here worrying about other people… It will keep you from doing anything useful. Why do you not rather act than complain?” – Marcus Aurelius
413. Man will do many things to get himself loved; he will do all things to get himself envied. — Mark Twain
414. “We can’t feel the loss of a friend until they are apart from us.”
415. “I am convinced that the jealous, the angry, the bitter and the egotistical are the first to race to the top of mountains. A confident person enjoys the journey, the people they meet along the way and sees life not as a competition. They reach the summit last because they know God isn’t at the top waiting for them. He is down below helping his followers to understand that the view is glorious where ever you stand.”
416. “The jealousy is not only the conscious; it is the unconscious too and is much more dangerous and quietly destroys your best skills.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
417. “Jealousy is the grave of affection.” -Mary Baker Eddy
418. Isn't it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” — Sean Covey
419. “Growth will convert your doubters better than verbal defensiveness. Outgrow your critics in every sense.”
420. “Love shouldn’t be about jealousy or anything like that.” -Aaron Carter
421. “It’s only natural to feel jealous, but what you do afterwards separates you from the crowd.” ― Sarvesh Jain
422. “Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.”
423. “Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. ”
424. “Our culture is based on envy.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
425. “But jealous souls will not be answered so. They are not ever jealous for the cause, but jealous for they’re jealous. It is a monster begot upon itself, born on itself.” — William Shakespeare
426. “Now think of the things which goad man into destroying man: they are hope, envy, hatred, fear and contempt.” – Marcus Aurelius
427. “The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time.” – Johann Kaspar Lavater
428. “My old man never used to cook, so we lived on takeaway. The others were always jealous.”
429. “Are you…dressed?”
430. “Claire… It is not what you think. Won’t you please allow me to explain? Please. Allow me to speak with you.”
431. “Never love unless you can bear with all the faults of man: Men will sometimes jealous be, Though but little cause they see.” – Thomas Campion, ‘Never Love Unless’
432. “Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it.” – Honore de Balzac
433. “Jealousy can open the blood, it can make black roses.” – Sylvia Plath
434. Passion can quickly slip to jealousy, or even hatred. — Arthur Golden
435. “Jealousy is an inner consciousness of one’s own inferiority. It is a mental cancer.” – B. C. Forbes
436. “If you’re gonna be in my life you’re gonna have to come correct.” ―Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts
437. I think it's important to get your surroundings as well as yourself into a positive state - meaning surround yourself with positive people, not the kind who are negative and jealous of everything you do. — Heidi Klum
438. “For most of us, envy is the basis of our actions; remove envy and we feel we are lost. All our effort is towards success, and in that there is envy; behind that envy there is fear.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
439. “The wicked envy and hate; it is their way of admiring.” – Victor Hugo
440. “Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
441. “True love and loyal friends are two of the hardest things to find.” – Unknown.
442. “Some people are like clouds once they disappear it’s a beautiful day.”
443. “Jealousy … is an affliction of the spirit which, unlike some sins of the flesh, gives no one any pleasure.” — Muriel Spark
444. “Pure love allows no room for jealousy.” – James Lendall Basford
445. “Marriage and its entourage of possession and jealousy enslave the spirit.” ― Irvin D. Yalom
446. “Never outshine the master.” – Robert Greene
447. “Don’t worry about those who talk behind your back, They’re behind you fo r a reason.”
448. “Never waste jealousy on a real man: it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run.” – George Bernard Shaw
449. “Christmas is the season when people run out of money before they run out of friends.” – Larry Wilde.
450. “Envy slays itself by its own arrows.”- Unknown
451. “A jealous woman does better at research than the FBI”
452. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb
453. “One friend with whom you have a lot in common is better than three with whom you struggle to find things to talk about.” – Mindy Kaling.
454. Jealousy is the worst trait in any person. — Adam DeVine
455. “Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
456. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind. — Buddha
457. “A person is called selfish, not for pursuing his or her own good, but for neglecting his or her neighbor’s.” ― Richard Whatly
458. “Pity is for the living, envy is for the dead.” – Mark Twain
459. “Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others…By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
460. “Envy is more irreconcilable than hatred.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
461. “So full of artless jealousy is guilt,
462. “In jealousy there is more of self-love than of love to another.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
463. “Jealousy is that pain which a man feels from the apprehension that he is not equally beloved by the person whom he entirely loves.” ― Joseph Addison
464. “Most people fail to be successful or to do good in life , because they put too much of their time and energy in other people business. They are so invested in other people lives, other people relationships and other people life choices. They spend day and night discussing, posting, gossiping, disputing, analyzing and criticizing other people. Where do they get time to sort out their own life, mistakes and problems. They fail in life, not because they can’t do well, but it is because they don’t have time and don’t want others to do well , so their time is wasted on others and not on themselves.”
465. “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” – Tennessee Williams.
466. “Jealousy is a miserable feeling. It means you aspire to something that you cannot have.” – Sophia Loren
467. “A little jealousy arouses a happy love that is asleep.” — Antoinette Deshoulieres
468. “Envy is the coward side of Hate, and all her ways are bleak and desolate.” Henry Abbey
469. “Whoever envies another confesses his superiority.” – Samuel Johnson, The Rambler
470. “Anyone that hates on you is always below you, because they’re just jealous of what you have. ”
471. “When you do well, everybody’s after you, and sometimes the motives are legitimate, and sometimes it’s envy and jealousy.” Robert Kraft
472. “Jealousy cuts across, and does not necessarily blend with, other aspects of a relationship.” — Terri Apter
473. “Anger, resentment, and jealousy don’t change the heart of others – it only changes yours.”– Shannon Alder
474. “Jealousy, an eminently credulous and suspicious passion, allows fancy the greatest possible play. But it does not bestow wit, it banishes all sense.” – Honoré de Balzac
475. “The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time.” –Johann Kaspar Lavater
476. I'm an imperfect person. I've let anger, jealousy, all the emotions, get the best of me. If I go into books, word by word, little by little, they help re-center and re-ground me and put me on the right path. — Keith Thurman
477. “She does not want me to be happy without her, Claire,” he said softly. “She must have found out I was to be married and she came with all haste. This is exactly what she was hoping for—or nearly so. When you walked in…”
478. “Jealousy is not a barometer by which the depth of love can be read, it merely records the degree of the lover’s insecurity.” – Margaret Mead
479. “Having those weird conversations with your friend and thinking, “if anyone heard us, we’d be put in a mental hospital.” – Unknown
480. “From heresy, frenzy and jealousy, good Lord deliver me.” –Ludovico Ariosto
481. “Envy is a symptom of lack of appreciation of our own uniqueness and self-worth. Each of us has something to give that no one else has.” – Unknown
482. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. — 1 Corinthians 13:4
483. Envy is like a fly that passes all the body's sounder parts, and dwells upon the sores. — Arthur Chapman
484. “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.”- Buddha.
485. “Toxic relationships are dangerous to your health; they will literally kill you. Stress shortens your lifespan. Even a broken heart can kill you. There is an undeniable mind-body connection. Your arguments and hateful talk can land you in the emergency room or in the morgue. You were not meant to live in a fever of anxiety; screaming yourself hoarse in a frenzy of dreadful, panicked fight-or-flight that leaves you exhausted and numb with grief. You were not meant to live like animals tearing one another to shreds. Don’t turn your hair gray. Don’t carve a roadmap of pain into the sweet wrinkles on your face. Don’t lay in the quiet with your heart pounding like a trapped, frightened creature. For your own precious and beautiful life, and for those around you — seek help or get out before it is too late. This is your wake-up call!” ― Bryant McGill
486. “It’s hard to grow up in a world where you never feel like you’re good enough.”
487. “You're just jealous."
488. You may think it all very fine, Mr. Huntington, to amuse yourself with rousing my jealousy; but take care you don't rouse my hate instead. And when you have once extinguished my love, you will find it no easy matter to kindle it again. — Anne Brontë
489. “Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
490. “So it's true what they say about warlocks, then?"
491. “When a person always have something negative to say… they’re secretly jealous of you.”
492. “Jealousy is the very reverse of understanding, of sympathy, and of generous feeling. Never has jealousy added to character, never does it make the individual big and fine.” – Emma Goldman
493. Gossip is just a tool to distract people who have nothing better to do from feeling jealous of those few of us still remaining with noble hearts.” — Anna Godbersen
494. “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” – Aristotle.
495. “We are jealous of a rival, while we are envious of what other people have.” — Jean le Rond d’Alembert
496. “Jealousy is the fear or apprehension of superiority: envy our uneasiness under it.” – William Shenstone
497. “Women detest a jealous man whom they do not love, but it angers them when a man they do love is not jealous.” — L’Enclos
498. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin.
499. “Envy comes from people’s ignorance of, or lack of belief in, their own gifts.” – Jean Vanier
500. “The knives of jealousy are honed on details.” –Ruth Rendell
501. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” Bette Midler
502. “The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.” – Salvador Dal
503. “Jealousy is like a boomerang—it goes out of our hands but always comes back.” —Unknown
504. “Having a jealous friend is like having a bad habit.” ― Urban Saying
505. “If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher.” – Debbie Macomber
506. “Of the seven deadly sins, only envy is no fun at all.” – Joseph Epstein
507. Fear often manifests in cynicism, anger, jealousy, and anxiety. I worry that many of our communities are being driven by fear. — Vivek Murthy
508. “Love may be blind but jealousy has 20-20 vision.” – Anonymous
509. “Always prove to your jealous partner that you are loyal and honest with them, they need satisfaction.”
510. “Jealousy is a keen observer, but looks for all the wrong signs.” – H. L. Mencken
511. “Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own.” – Harold Coffin
512. “Jealousy is a disease, it’s like a poison.” ― Francesca Marciano
513. “I don’t care if we’re friends, or if you’re my best friend, or if I love you like a sister. If you’re going to be in love with my ex-boyfriend, I will not be your friend anymore.”
514. “Jealousy – that sickening combination of possessiveness, suspicion, rage, and humiliation – can overtake your mind and threaten your very core as you contemplate your rival.” –Helen Fisher
515. Nail down the source of your envy to let the person who made you envious off the hook.
516. “The people who know the least about you, always have the most to say.”
517. “True friendship resists time, distance, and silence.” – Isabel Allende.
518. “Someone else’s success does not rob you of anything.”
519. “Once they stop talking to you, they start talking about you.”
520. “Jealousy blinds the stricken heart, and without examining, believes everything it fears.” — Pierre Corneille
521. “Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.” – Josh Billings
522. “Now go away.” Her tone was as aloof as she could manage between tears that would not stop.
523. “Here I am going to say something which may come as a bit of a shock. God doesn’t necessarily want us to be happy. He wants us to be lovable. Worthy of love. Able to be loved by Him. We don’t start off being all that lovable, if we’re honest. What makes people hard to love? Isn’t it what is commonly called selfishness? Selfish people are hard to love because so little love comes out of them.” ― William Nicholson, Shadowlands
524. “Caring was the only thing I ever did when we were friends. The minute you turned your back is the minute I realized I deserved better.” – Unknown.
525. “It’s amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy.” ― Rupert Everett
526. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not.” – Ann Brashares
527. “You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” – Jeffrey Gitomer.
528. “Jealousy is a keen observer, but looks for all the wrong signs.” — H. L. Mencken
529. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford.
530. “Keeping bad company is like being in a germ-infested area. You never know what you’ll catch.” ― Frank Sonnenberg
531. “Jealousy which keeps silent grows in its silence.” — Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
532. “The fastest way to lose friends and alienate people is to get better and improve yourself.” ― Life Math Money
533. “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” – Khalil Gibran.
534. “Obviously, in dealing with a relationship, sexuality has to be involved, and jealousy and emotions like that. And I don’t know, I’ve always been intrigued by those emotions.” — Adrian Lyne
535. “[T]he ear of jealousy heareth all things.” – The Bible (Apocrypha), Wisdom of Solomon 1:10
536. “Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights.” Shannon L. Alder
537. “The more you love,the more love you have to give.It's the only feeling we have which is infinite...”
538. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” – Winnie the Pooh.
539. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” – Eric Sevareid.
540. “Jealousy is one of the wickedest of all the passions. It is that which has been the most fruitful mother of tragedies, murders, and wars. But reprehensible though it is, jealousy is almost rather to be pitied than blamed–its first victims are those who harbour the feeling.” – Arthur Lynch
541. “The world is not fair, and often fools, cowards, liars and the selfish hide in high places.” ― Bryant H. McGill
542. Hold a funeral for all the fake friends you’re no longer being a doormat for.
543. When we look inward, not outward, we can dismantle the parts of our personalities that have controlled us for so long - such as anger, jealousy, vindictiveness, superiority, inferiority. — Gary Zukav
544. “Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy - in fact, they are almost incompatible; one emotion hardly leaves room for the other.”
545. “Jealousy is when you count someone else’s blessings instead of your own.”– Roy T. Bennett
546. “More men die of jealousy than of cancer.” -Joseph P. Kennedy
547. “Jealousy is a terrible disease…Get well soon!” ― Urban Saying
548. When you do well, everybody's after you, and sometimes the motives are legitimate, and sometimes it's envy and jealousy. — Robert Kraft
549. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
550. “Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.” – Job 6:14
551. “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.”- Oscar Wilde
552. It's a completely useless emotion - jealousy. I don't go there. — Joy Behar
553. Jealousy is a disease. Get well soon. — Paris Hilton
554. “Nothing is as obnoxious as other people’s luck.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
555. “Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love.” – George Eliot
556. “Jealousy is but a manifestation of artha’s corruptive influence on man which in due course became the insurmountable hurdle for him on the path of moksha. It is in man’s power to curtail it to manage his passage to moksha. One needs only to understand the physics of jealousy to appreciate the chemistry of its affects on human nature.”
557. “Facebook just sounds like a drag, in my day seeing pictures of peoples vacations was considered a punishment.” – Betty White
558. Oh, what a bitter thing it is to look into happiness through another man's eyes. — William Shakespeare
559. Jealousy’s a weak emotion.” — Jay-Z
560. “Famous Harry Potter," said Malfoy. "Can't even go to a bookshop without making the front page.”
561. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” – William Penn
562. “Jealousy is the very reverse of understanding, of sympathy, and of generous feeling. Never has jealousy added to character, never does it make the individual big and fine.” — Emma Goldman
563. “A jealous husband is an ugly thing.” – Keith Ablow
564. Awaken a man's most secret and powerful desire to earn your love, prove his devotion, and give you romance that lasts a lifetime.. Details
565. “Good friends don’t let you do stupid things… alone.” – Unknown.
566. “If I am inconsiderate about the comfort of others, or their feelings, or even of their little weaknesses; if I am careless about their little hurts and miss opportunities to smooth their way; if I make the sweet running of household wheels more difficult to accomplish, then I know nothing of Calvary love.” ― Amy Carmichael
567. “You don’t have to have anything in common with people you’ve known since you were five. With old friends, you’ve got your whole life in common.” – Lyle Lovett.
568. “Pride, envy, avarice – these are the sparks have set on fire the hearts of all men.” – Dante Alighieri
569. “Jealousy is the jaundice of the soul.” – John Dryden
570. “Keep yourselves far from envy; it eateth up and taketh away good actions, like as fire eateth up and burneth wood.” – Muhammad
571. “Be patient. Good things only come to those who wait.”
572. “Envy keeps us from seeing the gifts God has given.”
573. “We are neither on good terms, or bad. We are no longer anything.” – Author Unknown.
574. “Envy is a waste of time.”
575. “Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening.” – Maya Angelou
576. “Therefore, encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:11
577. “Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.” – Margaret Thatcher.
578. Wow, you just described everything from A to Z that this so called friend has... more
579. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasgow.
580. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ― Habeeb Akande