Thank you to the 1,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions!
I hope reading
helps you in your leadership.
7 Questions with ANDRES ROJAS
7 Questions with ANDRES ROJAS
Name: ANDRES ROJAS
Current title: CEO
Current organisation: GRUPO CONSULTOR EMPRESARIAL
Entrepreneur with an entrepreneurial spirit, 20 years of professional experience in accounting and financial activities at an international level, social leader, good husband and exemplary father.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader of a small or medium enterprise?
Make people understand that they must persevere and never abandon their dreams, true entrepreneurs and sometimes readiness towards themselves and towards society.
2. How did you become a leader of an SME? Can you please briefly tell the story?
20 years ago I began to seek professional independence and I identified with some clients who wanted to achieve their dreams of being able to manage their own time and I wanted to do it myself, I ventured to do it and I did it to understand that it was worth doing.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I get up at 7:00 a.m., sometimes I exercise, I get ready to work and at 8:30 a.m. I am ready to work, I take breaks every two or three hours and I take the opportunity to read articles from magazines or the Internet, I buy a market online, I go to English school and then work again, my routine ends at 11:00 PM to go to sleep.
4. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
Many people working from home and committed to their family, company and study; todods help the company, their families and society. It shows daily in their smiles!
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie.
I undertand all the twelve thinks points in Wikipedia:
1. Get you out of a mental rut, give you new thoughts, new visions, new ambitions.
2. Enable you to make friends quickly and easily.
3. Increase your popularity.
4. Help you to win people to your way of thinking.
5. Increase your influence, your prestige, your ability to get things done.
6. Enable you to win new clients, new customers.
7. Increase your earning power.
8. Make you a better salesman, a better executive.
9. Help you to handle complaints, avoid arguments, keep your human contacts smooth and pleasant.
10.Make you a better speaker, a more entertaining conversationalist.
11. Make the principles of psychology easy for you to apply in your daily contacts.
12. Help you to arouse enthusiasm among your associates.
6. How do you build leadership capacity in an SME?
Being an example of improvement and motivating the team to enhance their capabilities applied to each activity as if they were the owners of the company.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader of an SME so far?
We were looking to win a very important contract for the company and there was little money in those days, it was not enough to pay the payroll and my team understood that only this time we were going to count coins, pay them as much as proportionally enough for each one and that if we won the new contract everyone would receive a juicy bonus. They all agreed, we worked late for several days and they were never discouraged. Finally when we won the contract there was happiness and good money for them and for the company.