7 Questions with Charlotte Dean
Name: Charlotte Dean
Current title: Founder and Entrepreneur
Current organisation: Careers in Fitness Global
Charlotte Dean Founder of a multiple industry white label fintech, edutech, madtech and health tech.
Working both within the health, fitness and active leisure sector and medical aesthetics both advising at board level with technical issues. Charlotte has extensive background in education and understands exam processes throughout the world. She was Involved in writing the world standards in Pilates and regulated yoga within the uk. Worked on standards for weight management and pre diabetes.
A mentor for trainee entrepreneurs at Capital City College group.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader of a small or medium enterprise?
2. How did you become a leader of an SME? Can you please briefly tell the story?
A progression of my career pathway working up through my industry and a passion to grow a large company all my life.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I am very organised and therefore I work very hard most days the structure just happens.
4. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
When to let go and allow another leader to move the business forward
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
I have never read a leadership book.
I just always had this business knowledge possibly from my grandma and grandma running businesses.
6. How do you build leadership capacity in an SME?
Constantly learning and the knowledge of redistribution of power and authority. Making sure the correct people are in your company in the correct position.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader of an SME so far?
The company is being recognised as Greater london enterprise award winner of 2020 and being asked to help new entrepreneurs.