Thank you to the 1,400 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions!
I hope reading
helps you in your leadership.
7 Questions with Rj Adolfi
7 Questions with Rj Adolfi
Name: rj adolfi
Current title: coo
Current organisation: cca
R.J. Adolfi, founder and managing director of DentalSense, is one of the people responsible for the development of dental super-practices. R.J.’s family opened their first dental offices in Syracuse, NY, in 1979, where R.J. was immersed in the start-up processes and mastered the critical positions within the company, including managing on-site dental labs, processing insurance claims, handling accounts payable and receivable, building out new offices, managing multiple locations, and directly assisting the dentists. He became recognized throughout the dental industry as the ‘guru’ of the new multi-unit super-practices. The family sold and the purchasing group retained R.J. as CEO of the company as it became Aspen Dental. R.J. has now embarked on another ambitious undertaking in the dental industry—bringing the convenience and advantages of corporate dentistry to the individual dental practice owner through DentalSense.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader of a small or medium enterprise?
2. How did you become a leader of an SME? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Founder of Aspen Dental 20 yrs of learning
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
4:30am wake up, out the door @ 7:00am / @ my office by 7:30am - work till 4:00pm workout at 5:30pm Dinner @ 7:00pm next day review @ 9:00pm bed by 10:00pm
4. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
Never answer anyone right away; take at least an hour, overnight or a couple days depending on the question...
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Traction By Gino Wickman
6. How do you build leadership capacity in an SME?
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader of an SME so far?
While selecting new technologies that we employed, with respect to SMEs; we did not just to concentrate our efforts within specific areas. Such as tactical digitization efforts even though they may be quicker to execute versus a holistic digital transformation but often it only increases our IT spending relative to actual enhancements. It is encouraging that two-thirds of the efforts extending beyond customer-facing processes to include digital solutions for their mid and back-office functions, this could be further improved by integrating horizontally between the front, mid- and back-offices which we are doing now.