7 Questions with Dr. Keely Petty
Name: Dr. Keely Petty
Current title: Pastor
Current organisation: Bethel Int’l Christian Fellowship
1. What have you found most challenging as a church leader?
Christians embracing a world view in direct opposition to the word of God!
2. How did you become a church leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Having sensed a call on my life as a young girl, led me to some serious soul searching. The Holy Spirit kept bringing confirmation through some generals of the Faith both male and female. Which led me to an educational process and personal mentoring to sharpen the gifts for the equipping of the saints
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
My day starts and ends with prayer, thanksgiving, and meditation of the word of God. I am a firm believer of working unto Lord in everything I do, letting me light shine so that when men see my good works they will honor God!
4. What's one book apart from the Bible that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
AW Tozer’s book Man the Dwelling Place of God impacted me as it taught me that before I was formed in my mother’s womb I was purposed with a God calling and destiny to prepare the Saints for the work of ministry.
5. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
That it is the ultimate work of the Holy Spirit in the life of an individual that makes the difference
6. How do you develop a healthy leadership pipeline in a church?
By remembering we all are different but each have necessary contributions given by God to build His kingdom. And love covers whatever we don’t have the strength to keeping kingdom moving forward
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a church leader so far?
When we as a body of Christ welcomed one who stumbled far away, but returned, repented, and was refreshed by the family of God!