7 Questions with Helen Constantinides
Name: Helen Constantinides
Current title: Group CIO
Current organisation: AVBOB Mutual Assurance Society
Please see linkedin profile
1. What have you found most challenging as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise?
Managing the internal agility of climate and culture in large and 100 years old enterprises when external pressures and market recessions are asking for flexibility, and agility to opportunities and change.
2. How did you become a CEO or executive of a large enterprise? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Knowing what I wanted early on in my career, the goals need to reach my vision and hard work.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Try to lead a balanced life. Work hard during the week and take time off weekends.
4. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
Empathy and trust in people to achieve greater outcomes than expected
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Women leading today. The book is titled ‘ dare to lead’ brave work, tough conversations and whole hearts.
6. How do you build leadership capacity in a large enterprise?
Leading every day through example. Mentorship and team work.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise so far?
Every day be prepared to learn. Continuous learning, listening and being prepared for the unexpected.