Name: Madalina Negrea
Title: General Manager
Nothing to be shared. Just a normal human being with normal dreams and desire to succeed.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
We’ve gone through the interviews and asked the best of the best to come back and answer 7 MORE Questions on Leadership.
I hope Madalina's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. As a leader, how do you build trust with employees, customers and other stakeholders?
Commitment to quality.
2. What do 'VISION' and 'MISSION' mean to you? And what does it actually look like to use them in real-world business?
Vision means to see the big picture and main goal.
Mission means to achieve that goal easily through clear and balanced mind.
Real world means to create a process for your team, which can be simple for them to understand and implement it.
3. How can a leader empower the people they're leading?
Being an example. Accepting mistakes and share them with the team so each member of the team can take the lesson on their own level of understanding.
4. Who are some of the coaches or mentors in your life who have had a positive influence on your leadership? Can you please tell a meaningful story about one of them?
There were a lot. Few of them were the bad ones with no leadership skills but a lot of technical skills. They showed me how easily a team can be divided into groups with the price of burn out. The good ones showed me that a good leader not always has a title or it is official in that position. The tribe always follows the leader in silence and the effects just appear.
5. Leadership is often more about what you DON'T do. How do you maintain focus in your role?
step out and observe.
Knowing when to take a break and relax,looking to others behavior is a skill that each leader must master. You can keep being focused on your own things without even notice that maybe more important within the team is happening.
6. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Everyone plans differently. How do you plan for the week, month and years ahead in your role?
I don t. I just adapt to new situation and I keep myself flexible for whatever it comes. Control is not always the best technique.
7. What advice would you give to a young leader who is struggling to delegate effectively?
To prioritize which task needs a top management decision and which not. Which task is easy to be executed in a few minutes and brings some new knowledge to a team member, who is capable and willing to do it . Reward is also important to be mentioned.