Name: Alvaro Miguel Cabrera
Organisation: TRL Plus SL
Serial entrepreneur, mentor and investor.
21+ years of experience
I've lived in 5 countries and traveled to +39
I've launched +20 companies un 8 countries
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Alvaro's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Reinventing my self after 40 years old and being an entrepreneur in many different countries, having to adapt to various languages, cultures and way of doing business
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Being the eldest brother of three, I think it became kind of natural to become a leader. My dad always taught me to be the absolut best at anything I decided to do.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
45min Excercise, 15min duolingo for french, 30 min read, 30 min meditation, email, meetings and more meetings :0)
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Always be humble, always
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Poor dad rich dad and the story of Donald Trump. "Hire attitude and train experience and knowledge
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Focus on the one thing you are best at, don't get distracted by anything
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Inspiring my team to devote to help the ones in need, investing part of their most precious asset, their time, in the activities we do with exclusion risk children communities