Name: Birhanu Terefe
Organisation: GABST COLLEGE
PhD holder president of the college with the experience of 38 years
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Birhanu's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
The most challenge time in my leadership was the time of Covid 19 pandemic
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I became a leader from lower to higher , I was first lecturer and the company gave the opportunity to became a dean by seeing my department time performance , from dean I promoted to president
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I caskade daily work plan from the weekly and give order to the preliminary unit
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
How to come out of crises
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Five level of leadership impact
1. How to manage empolyees during hard times
2. How to come out of challenges 3. How to use different levels of leadership styles
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Learn from experienced people and be resilient , do not give up when hard time comes
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
The workers were all in need of salary increased but the company is not productive but I gave them the alternative if they go and find clients and get market they will be stayed at work anfd if not the company will be,closed . After we communicated the workers in such a way all go out in search of market and the sales margine increased all survived