Name: Elzabe Gordon
Title: Community Project Coordinator
Organisation: Hope Intiative SA( Nam)
I believe in making a difference and if this course can assist me to do that, I would be very grateful
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Elzabe's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
To work with people , understanding the behaviours
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I worked in the church and wanted to assist the youth, I than realize that I needed more skills and knowledge and went on to study Youth Development and it currently working in my commuinty with the youth.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Walking up by 6 am,
take a bath, have a cup of coffee, and by 8 am start with my work. very day is different schedule because I work with various activities and also traveling at times. My day ends off by 6 pm with work and my house work starts.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
To accommodate the ones under me, To listen carefully and to always be neutral.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
How Win Friends Influence People- It impacted my life by be more open, I can easily observe and be considered at all times. Through my life it was difficult to understand others, but this book has allowed me to a peoples person and to know when someone will be my friend, or who to become friends with.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Always be open, put yourself in the other persons shoes.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
To lead with example.