Name: Jacqueline Fergusson
Title: Head of Client Services
Organisation: Trident Trust Company (IOM) Ltd
35 years in Trust and corporate services, Chartered Governance Professional
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Jacqueline's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Managing change in employee empowerment
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Old school started at the bottom but had a couple of great mentors
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Up, review emails, client work, project work, home to chill for a couple of hours then check emails again
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
You can’t please all the people all the time
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Operation Mincemeat, think outside the box even when it goes against everything you’ve considered in the past
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Maintain mental resilience
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
A recent hospital stay and staff visited