Name: Katara Tefo
Organisation: Caledonspoort Border Post
Hard working personale who put every thing into practice
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Katara's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Being understood in risk communication
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I used to hire people in my home farm
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
It depend whether I am off or on duty. In my offs I do farm work in the morning then go to lunch, after I join any public discussion with freinds
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Leadership is on going career and the leader is not always right.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Going around the world in 80 day. The main character was very very punctual at almost every thing. They decided the gambling game where he told the colleagues he would complete world rounding in 80 days and he won the game after losing his hope
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Leadership is a comprehensive journey of which one should be capable of changing oneself
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
I did things with knowledge but they failed because I had very little experience.