Name: Kehinde Adelola
Title: Managing Partner/Lead Consultant
Organisation: CROFTSURE Resources Limited
I am an experienced transportation and mobility business operation expert with a demonstrable knowledge and skills. I have worked and pioneered 2 big( multi billion dollars) project under the Lagos State Government as a Head of operation( PTSL), and Chief operating Officer( MBL). I have a flexible approach to work in order to achieve profitability and sustainability considering the commercial value of such project and economic importance at large.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Kehinde's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Mental and mindset pattern of the followers. In most cases, stereotyped mindset has always been a major impediment to achieving success or milestone on a project.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Passion for the job I do and the industry I work in couple with hard work and quest for knowledge are parts of what helped my career trajectory to becoming a leader.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Like I mentioned earlier, I am very flexible in my approach to work. I practice in an industry that is dynamic and evolving, exigences come at will, so I attend to it in order of importance. Though, in some cases, I follow a pattern of scheduling.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
There is a clear difference between the concept of "Operational Management" and "Operational Leadership". Often time, I do mix the two together but with the experience and knowledge I have now, I now have a clear understanding of the two.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Good to great
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Develop a consistent passion for what you do, seek knowledge and be firm.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
The days of my little beginning. How I started my career from the scratch.