Name: Myo Min
Title: Medical Advisor
Organisation: International SOS (Myanmar)
I am a medical doctor with strong interest on public health. I also have a Master degree in Public Administration.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Myo's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
To align all staff of an organisation to achieve the goal.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
After having my master degree, I have a chance to lead a team of 150 people to fight against malaria in MYANMAR.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I usually go to gym in the morning. Then I go to work from 9am to 5 pm. After all , I go back home and relax.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Failure to plan is planning to fail.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Not from a book, I learned a lot from the Leadership and management module of my MPA at LKYSPP/ NUS.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Grouping is one of the threatening factors to a team for failure.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Even though. There are many ways to motivate people, many people prefer monastery motivation..