Name: Wosen Mulatu Hiruy
Organisation: Ethiopian Insurance Corporation
I am middle management member of Ethiopian Insurance Corporation
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Wosen's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Misunderstanding with follower
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
As I was graduate from university join one insurance company then through experience became a leader of on branch as manager
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
From the beginning I list out my daily assignment and cross check at the night before going to sleep
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Passion, patient and commitment is very important for the leader in addition to vision that is what I lean from the experience
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Join Maxwell Leadership secrets, before start the our daily assignment I refer the lesson on the book
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
For any leader Vision is mandatory but emotional intelligence is more than mandatory, so that be give attention to manage your emotion
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
The advice of one old senior staff about leadership he says all things temporary please keep your eyes on the eternal life.