1. I do love irony. It's so ... complicated and coincidental. - Author: Cassandra Kemper
2. “We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.”
3. Love is an illness in which your happiness is dependent on the happiness of another person. –Robert A. Heinlein
4. “Needing” another person may actually serve as a form of antilove…
5. I guess love's kind of like a marshmallow in a microwave on high. After it explodes it's still a marshmallow. but, you know, now it's a complicated marshmallow. - Author: Cath Crowley
6. “John knew the best love stories were the ones that were never told. For no medium—no book, no poem, no play or movie—could ever tell a love story in its entirety, its full span and depth, from the exhilarating beginning to the tragic ending of all love stories. He didn’t mind if his life was forgotten—it had never occurred to him to want to be remembered—as long as he had truly lived, and to live life without experiencing one great love story was to not live at all.”
7. I'm competitive, and I love to create challenges for myself. Maybe that's not always a good thing. It can make life complicated. - Author: Donald Trump
8. Love can come in many forms and at times what seemed to be love turned out to be infatuation instead. –Larry Brown.
9. “Nothing hurts more than realizing he meant everything to you and you meant nothing to him.”
10. Love is agony, isn't it? I've been involved with someone for some time now, but it's all so complicated. It's never straightforward is it? You meet someone, you fall in love, it's the most wonderful thing ever but ... There's always something that's not quite right about love, isn't there? - Author: Daphne Guinness
11. “Yes, love indeed is light from heaven; A spark of that immortal fire with angels shared, by Allah given to lift from earth our low desire.”
12. You will not find love between people without any complications because people are always complex. –Richard Templar.
13. Love is a feeling that can lift you up like no other drug but when its complications take a hit, it can plummet you to the deepest of pits.. Anonymous.
14. You will never understand how complicated love is unless you are genuinely in love and unless your brain is just at the mercy of your poor love. stricken heart.. Anonymous.
15. “A no-effort relationship is a doomed relationship, not a great relationship. It takes work to communicate accurately and it takes work to expose and resolve conflicting hopes and beliefs. It doesn’t mean there is no ‘they lived happily ever after,’ but it’s more like ‘they worked happily ever after.’”
16. You can't just make people fall in love, right? Love is way more complicated than that. It's not just a matter of choosing a couple of people and making them ask each other some questions, and then love blossoms. The moon and the stars are involved. I'm certain of it. - Author: Nicola Yoon
17. What even is happiness? Happiness is love, I am told. However, love has never known to bring happiness, instead, it is a war, a constant source of anxiety and loss of sleep and doubting if we are going on the right track. Real love has always been a mixture of pain and happiness. –Paulo Coelho.
18. “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.”
19. Because you don't get to choose your parents, , and at some point you realise that maybe your parents just aren't able to parent very well, but we exist, and the only choice we've got in the whole situation is whether we're gonna love them anyway. It's as simple and messy and complicated as that - Author: Megan Jacobson
20. As I kept loving her more, my hatred for her increased, and as her love for me increased, I began to harm myself even more. –Marvin Gaye.
21. “Even so, in the midst of this complicated love, there is a holy union.”
22. “Love is when you take away the feeling , the passion, the romance in a relationship and find that you still care for that person “
23. Despite what I said about staying the way we were, I changed. I, who have always believed in speaking my mind and made it my mission to uncover the truth, have found myself keeping secrets. Sometimes life is more complicated than the simple rules we make for it. - Author: Elizabeth Chandler
24. It takes me forever to actually finish something like a ten-page essay. But, when I do, I usually love what they are. It's a complicated relationship. - Author: Chris Abani
25. “If I love you let you be and if it’s true love you will come back to me.”
26. I love the way in which I make up dances. It's a complicated way and the product is usually clear. Clear and simple. I don't need everybody to know that there are all of these fabulous things going on. If you CAN see it, that's wonderful. - Author: Mark Morris
27. Want is quite a complicated word there, because there's volo, which means I want, but it's not usually used with people. Desidero? I feel the want of, I desire. Amabo? I will love. But what if I will never love? What if I will never desire? What if I will never want?
28. I love playing characters that go to extreme places, and I love to explore different kinds of psychological landscapes, so it is ultimately a kind of fun, but it's also complicated and colored by the depth of the nastiness of it, at certain times, as well. - Author: Zachary Quinto
29. I can do pain. That's the easy part of life. It's everything else, happiness, laughter, love, that's fucking complicated. - Author: Jessica Sorensen
30. Sometimes, we hurt the ones we love, but hurting ourselves to make amends for our mistakes, won’t resolve our problems in any way. -Shannon A. Thompson
31. The unfathomable mixture of understanding and misunderstanding is what we call love. It’s peculiar yet heavenly.. Diane Arbus
32. They say love makes everything complicated, but it doesn't, it makes everything simple. You and Me. That was everything, and it was pure. Purely simple love. - Author: Jennifer Megan Varnadore
33. I have a very complicated relationship with love. Somehow, this word has never stayed true to its name in my life. –Anonymous
34. “Love is not complicated. It just 'is'. The complicated part is finding two souls who are feeling it as the same time in their lives... and for each other. Feeling it so deep that they're willing to fight every second of the day to keep it alive. That's the complicated part.”
35. Do you know what the problem with our relationship is? You make it a hell of a lot more complicated for us.. Anonymous
36. Did he judge on appearance alone? would he judge me? "Goth" doesn't cut it when it comes to a word that describes me. I'm complex. Complicated. No one gets me, and I like it that way. - Author: Kelly McClymer
37. Love can be called a habit that is surely the most difficult habit to break but is also the hardest habit to satisfy.. Drew Barrymore.
38. He says he can't see why I didn't "just" tell the truth. but the truth is denser than he can imagine, yet it's more delicate than my body; it's more complicated than any love that ever passed between the two of us. - Author: Tayari Jones
39. Love is pretty simple, it is the game that is involved with love that is complicated. –Marty Rubin
40. On the one hand, I'm a kind of crazy anarchist-sympathizer with a hippie background, so this sounds pretty good to me. Make something for the love of it! But the reality is so much more complicated. - Author: Astra Taylor
41. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
42. “Don’t fix me; Love me for what’s broken.”
43. People make me feel nauseous. They pretend that love is extremely complicated and sad, whereas, in reality, love is pure and simple.. Anonymous
44. We're led to believe love is complicated. It's not the love that's complicated. It's all the crap that we attach to it and put in front of it that makes it difficult. If you're smart, you'll realize this before it's too late and simplify. - Author: Alison G. Bailey
45. The motherfucker really finds a way to say something very simple in a very complicated way," murmured Jean near Dan's ear. How many words does it take him to say 'I love you'?
46. Complications are a part of life, so how can you expect love to be without it?.. Anonymous.
47. Love keeps shifting and changing and I am not sure if one can stay head over heels in love forever. –Julie Andrews
48. Love is complicated like a rumor as many talk about it, but nobody can tell what it exactly is for sure.. Anonymous.
49. “My relationship with him was defined by these complex emotions, this mixture of gratitude and resentment.”
50. I wonder if it is possible to have two boyfriends. I mean, times are changing. Relationships are more complicated. In France men always have mistresses and wives and so on. Henri probably has two girlfriends. He would laugh if you told him you just had one. He would say, 'C'est tres, tres tragique.' - Author: Louise Rennison
51. “When you require another individual for your survival, you are a parasite on that individual. There is no choice, no freedom involved in your relationship. It is a matter of necessity rather than love. Love is the free exercise of choice. Two people love each other only when they are quite capable of living without each other but choose to live with each other.”
52. “Things felt more messy than ever. Could someone treat you badly and still love you? Someone could treat you badly and you still love them, so maybe the reverse was true too. But just because you loved someone it didn't mean you had to give them another chance. Or maybe that's exactly what it meant.”
53. “Despite what you may think, there’s nothing wrong with being messed up. The person who is messed up is actually the best person you can date. This person’s baggage and experience is what makes him or her beautiful. He or she can still function in society despite having seen what life is about and how ugly things can get.”
54. There are so many levels of understanding and experience when it comes to this thing we call love. In our human relationships, it can be vastly complicated. Each of us has our own unique love-history, perceptions, and expectations. - Author: Michael Beckwith
55. It is painful when the person you love doesn’t love you back but what is worse is when you love a person but you do not have the courage even to let that person know about your feelings. –Gary Zukav.
56. People start altering themselves to become someone they aren’t, to impress someone they won’t have any future with. Life and love make people confused and end up being complicated.. Anonymous
57. “Love in a hut, with water and a crust, Is – Love, forgive us! – cinders, ashes, dust.”
58. I discovered early in life a stunning truth that's made my life very complicated in its wake, but that I still think is true, and it's that people are very easy to love. - Author: Terence McKenna
59. Love isn’t that complicated. The people involved in love make it complicated and completely change others’ perspectives about love. –Anonymous
60. “Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers’ eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers’ tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet.”
61. “When you say to a woman or a man, ‘I love you,’ you are simply saying, ‘I cannot be deceived by your body, I have seen you. Your body may become old but I have seen you, the bodiless you. I have seen your innermost core, the core that is divine.’ Liking is superficial. Love penetrates and goes to the very core of the person, touches the very soul of the person.”
62. People say that true love feels easy, but that’s true. Love is a mixture of emotions, and both ups and downs occur simultaneously. It’s sticky yet bliss. It’s not easy.. Dominic Riccitello
63. Love isn't something you can legislate. Love is more than charts and graphs and matching interests. Love is messy and complicated and it is a mistake to deny its random magic. - Author: Amy Engel
64. Illness can be undignified. Suffering does not have a purpose, and relationships are complicated. In the most painful way a person can, Hazel comes to realize, that love does not, cannot, conquer death. What it can do, however, is transcend it. - Author: Chelsey Philpot
65. ...Never opt for war, no matter how simple it may seem, especially when you know that peace is achievable, even if achieving that peace entails going through a complicated and protracted process, - Author: Janvier Chouteu-Chando
66. Love is the easiest thing there is. It's the layers of doubt, fear, and expectation that make it complicated. - Author: Luanne Rice
67. “The person who is perfect for you is far from perfect. That’s the way it should be. You can’t have a healthy, robust relationship with someone who has never tasted life. You can’t have a lasting love without having a past that has shaped you. You can’t handle a person who is so vacuous he came out of life unscathed. In the end, we’re all just trying to find someone as f*cked up as we are.”
68. Love is so complicated, that is why it is love. - Author: Mike Gayle
69. But love ? Is that what you feel for Morpheus?
70. When you are in love with two people simultaneously, choose the latter. If you had loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second one.. Johnny Depp
71. I never really stopped loving you; I just stopped showing it to you as you could never see my love for you. –Anonymous
72. They burn bridges with the people around them who they really care about by forgetting/ ignoring/ ditching them and obsessing over their relationship.
73. Good. I wouldn't want you to fall madly in love with me. That would make things very complicated when it comes to your beloved Shadow, wouldn't it? Who'd win the battle for your heart then? The servant or the king? - Author: Michelle Rowen
74. “What we need to know about loving is no great mystery. We all know what constitutes loving behavior; we need but act upon it, not continually question it. Over-analysis often confuses the issue and in the end brings us no closer to insight. We sometimes become too busy classifying, separating, and examining, to remember that love is easy. It’s we who make it complicated.”
75. I think I would love a shot at remaking 'The Philadelphia Story,' as daunting as it is. I still think it's fantastic. I love the '30s comedies because they're allowed to be both comic and elegant, and the women are so complicated in them. - Author: Michael Patrick King
76. “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.”
77. Life has a truth to it, and it's complicated - it's love and it's hatred. - Author: Jamaica Kincaid
78. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
79. “Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things.”
80. The path towards true love that lasts a lifetime never ran smoothly. The path is complex with roadblocks and hurdles, but it is worth traversing. –Anonymous
81. Every time someone promises you their love for you will last more than a weekend, beware. They might be on the way to making your life complicated and suffocating. -Quentin Crisp
82. Love is so mysterious that no one has ever loved a person the way he or she wants to be loved.. Anonymous.
83. “They say if the love is true, then it’s easy. But that’s false. Love is complicated. It’s sticky. It’s bliss and it’s a mix of emotions. It’s not easy.”
84. Love it's not supposed to be complicated. It must be easy. It should not need begging and imploring. Love must be simple, because it's just the beginning of a long journey. - Author: Kambiz Shabankareh
85. Somehow, the best and the worst things that have ever happened to me have been you. Your love was complicated, and I was a complete mess.. Anonymous
86. “My feelings of love may be unbounded, but my capacity to be loving is limited. I therefore must choose the person on whom to focus my capacity to love, toward whom to direct my will to love. True love is not a feeling by which we are overwhelmed. It is a committed, thoughtful decision.”
87. It’s harder to love yourself than to find someone else to love you. This is what makes life more complicated and perplexing.. Bill Russell
88. I love the powerful woman who's complicated. There's no push to be one thing or another thing. It's all human. That's what you look for as an actor: characters written and portrayed in the most human way possible. - Author: Aja Naomi King
89. “It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations.”
90. “Selos Quotes” and “Tagalog Love Quotes” For you
91. It's normal to love a dangerous woman. They know how to wield their power, an they're not afraid of yours. They make you work for everything you get and it's all the sweeter once you get it. Makes you feel 'coraggioso' to be able to hold her. - Author: Alexi Lawless
92. Love isn't poison. It won't kill you. It's natural, it's complicated, it's crazy-making, but it's a fact of life. - Author: Ally Blake
93. Even after being amidst a complicated love, you’ll find your way out in magical ways. If love seems too complicated of a road for you, then love will only show you the way. –Anonymous
94. It is strange that a feeling as innocent and pure as love should be so complicated and should require us to let go of our ego. –Adrianne Wellman.
95. “My soul might have been hijacked last night, but I definitely didn't sell it, did I?”
96. “People should be taught that nobody can love twenty-four hours a day; rest periods are needed. And nobody can love on order. Love is a spontaneous phenomenon. Whenever it happens, it happens, and whenever it doesn’t happen it doesn’t happen. Nothing can be done about it. If you do anything, you will create a pseudo phenomenon, an acting. Real lovers, intelligent lovers, will make each other alert to the phenomenon: ‘When I want to be alone that does not mean that I am rejecting you. In fact, it is because of your love that you have made it possible for me to be alone.’ And if your woman wants to be left alone for one night, for a few days, you will not feel hurt. You will not say that you have been rejected, that your love has not been received and welcomed. You will respect her decision to be alone for a few days. In fact, you will be happy! Your love was so much that she is feeling empty; now she needs rest to become full again. This is intelligence.”
97. When people confuse love with lust, they make rash decisions that change their lives completely for the bad.. Anonymous
98. I've always wondered why love has to be so full of conflict and strife. Why can't love be simple? Why can't it just be as pure as two people who realize that they can't live as well, or as happily, apart as they can together? - Author: Bella Andre
99. One conversation! One simple, honest, true conversation, and all your questions would be answered, all your problems solved! Really, man, is it that difficult? Then you'd be free to fall into each other's arms and live your Happily Ever After. Why make it so complicated?
100. To find love is the great human undertaking ... and it's always complicated by our compulsions and unconscious patterns, to say nothing of issues of trust and control. - Author: Michelle Huneven
101. “When you understand where people are coming from, what they are trying to say, what’s important to them, and so forth, being understood flows naturally; it falls into place with virtually no effort.”
102. If there’s any complicated relationship I’d love to have, it’s with non-human animals. The humans suck big time. -Rachel Zucker
103. Do not fall in love if you are not ready to accept the complications and anxieties it brings along.. Anonymous.
104. “Making one person the only source of love does not work because love is in everything and everyone. When we miss that, we miss the point of life. Really.”
105. Why do we people make love feel so complicated with our ego and pride issues? Why do we think of love as something surreal and extremely complex?. Anonymous
106. They get in a relationship with somebody who is not right for them just for the sake of being in a relationship… and then have bad relationship experiences.
107. “Curse on all laws but those which love has made!
108. “Being in love is what makes working all week bearable. It makes cruising with your windows rolled down feel like you’re riding in a convertible. It makes you dance to the rhythm of the copy machine and makes Friday night really feel like THE WEEKEND.”
109. “I find I'm unable to speak, unable to move, snared in his serious gaze like some kind of frightened rabbit”
110. “Messed up” is beautiful.
111. “Je pouvais bel et bien respirer. Il y avait même tant d'oxygène que la tête me tournait. Et en plus, sur cette nouvelle planète, j'aimais mon père.”
112. People want things to be complicated, but they have to love themselves first and then each other and then it will seed everywhere - Author: Elizabeth Taylor-Wey
113. It takes courage to be loved because many times our complicated life gives us our right person at the worst possible time and then our life just goes haywire.. Anonymous.
114. Everything's going to be fine. Sooner or later you're going to find someone who knocks you right off your feet. Someone who makes you feel alive. Someone who kisses you and makes your knees weak. Relationships are complicated enough as it is. It's not worth settling for anything less. - Author: Lindsey Kelk
115. “Remain continuously on a honeymoon. Go on searching and seeking each other, finding new ways of loving each other, finding new ways of being with each other. And each person is such an infinite mystery, inexhaustible, unfathomable, that it is not possible that you can ever say, ‘I have known her,’ or, ‘I have known him.’ At the most you can say, ‘I have tried my best, but the mystery remains a mystery.’ In fact the more you know, the more mysterious the other becomes. Then love is a constant adventure.”
116. Sometimes, readers, when they're young, are given, say, a book like 'Moby Dick' to read. And it is an interesting, complicated book, but it's not something that somebody who has never read a book before should be given as an example of why you'll really love to read, necessarily. - Author: Gabrielle Zevin
117. It was like love, he thought, this crumbling chapel: it has been complicated, and therefore perfected, by what time had done to it - Author: Julie Orringer
118. You have always been the confusion, as well as the quietness of my heart, at the same time.. Franz Kafka
119. She complained that hers was the most complicated relationship to this day after Romeo and Juliet.. John Marsden
120. It's so much easier to fall in love, and so much more complicated to fall out of it. - Author: Lisa Gardner
121. Sometimes, we all wish we wouldn’t have met that particular person at all, but in the back of our minds, we are thankful to have met them. That’s when love seems complicated.. Anonymous
122. “I hated him now because I has loved him then.”
123. When you plant your garden and decorate it with the flowers of your soul, you don’t need to have someone else in your life to make it all the more complicated.. Anonymous
124. “I'll tell you what's complicated. Standing on your girlfriend's balcony reading a message from your ex about someone else you once kissed.”
125. It’s never the lack of love but the lack of true friendship and understanding that breaks marriages and hearts and makes love life complicated. –Anonymous
126. But the bit I liked best was where it said it's impossible to define love because it takes so many forms and is so complicated. - Author: Aidan Chambers
127. Sometimes you are easygoing, sometimes you’re too difficult to understand. Sometimes I love you a lot, but sometimes you are so difficult to stand. -Rihanna
128. Love is more of a curse than a blessing because it is so complicated and painful that the goodness of it gets lost eventually and the aftertaste is only pain.. Anonymous.
129. Love seems to be much more complicated when you have time on your hands.. Shannon A. Thompson
130. For everyone who tries to complicate your life, turn your back on them and walk away. -Caroline Myss
131. “Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.”
132. “When seeing the simple truth means recognizing that we're in sin, we would rather see things as being complicated.”
133. I'd love to win trophies, be in movies, have a body of work I'm proud of and find a way to enjoy it along the way. Success is probably a more of a complicated thing than that. - Author: Demetri Martin
134. “Compassion, understanding, and connection” – these three words describe me the best. I founded “TheLoveBoy” to share joy of Love. As a self-taught practitioner, I have been studying the dynamics of human connection for the past decade and my passion lies in sharing my insights with others. My mission is to help individuals cultivate deeper and more meaningful relationships
135. Something inside me clicks. It's like I've spent my whole life fiddling with a complicated combination only to discover I was toying with the wrong lock. - Author: Jasmine Warga
136. Relationships are never complicated. You're either together or you're not. If someone says it's complicated, it really just means someone's killing time until something better comes along. - Author: Teresa Lo
137. The simplest thing in this world is to love the one we love, and the most complicated thing is how we love the one we love.. Anonymous
138. Love is the purest. All you need to do is ensure your heart is at work, and the rest will run smoothly. Love seems complicated when we let our ego and pride get the better.. Anonymous
139. The heart wants what it wants, Dolp. You don't plan on making your life complicated, it just happens,and you dont do it on purpose, and you don't do it to hurt people who love you. It just turns out that way sometimes. - Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
140. Love is bizarre, love is odd and that is the true essence of love. –Dan Fogelman.
141. “His moods changed minute to minute, and Jan could change him quicker than anyone. The more he loved her the more mixed up he got. He was such a beautiful man, but so unstable.”
142. The most complicated and challenging of relationships sometimes bring the biggest personal blessings. From them, we learn about patience, forgiveness, and other virtues.. Doreen Virtue
143. Come with me outside," he says, and I feel his hand on mine. We won't go far. I can't see him; but I hear a complicated mix of emotion in his voice and feel it in the way he touches me. Love, concern, and something unusual, something bittersweet. - Author: Ally Condie
144. They start changing who they are to become somebody they’re not in order to impress somebody they want to be with.
145. It is not the grown man- the galumphing, unshaven, stinking, opinionated offspring- you see before you, with his parking tickets and unpolished shoes and complicated love life. You see all the people he has ever been all rolled up into one. - Author: Jojo Moyes
146. This is complicated," you said, back on the napkin, and then looked at me. You wanted to pry me open, I could see it, drag me across our boundaries so we could feast together in secret from the rest of the world. But, you said, "no, not but. I love you. - Author: Daniel Handler
147. It is quite difficult to understand if love has begun but it is way more difficult to recognize the exact time when love has begun. –Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
148. We consciously decide whether to consider people; we fall in love despite ourselves; we entirely fail to fall in love with people who fall in love with us. It is a mightily complicated business. - Author: Matt Ridley
149. Love is beautifully complicated at times. It is confusing and terrifying but hadn’t love been this way, and it wouldn’t have been love at all.. N.R. Hart
150. I would love to work more - I really would - but there is not a lot of stuff around and the stuff that is around is not very complicated; it tends to lie a little flat. - Author: Holly Hunter
151. “Dependency may appear to be love because it is a force that causes people to fiercely attach themselves to one another. But in actuality it is not love; it is a form of antilove. It has its genesis in a parental failure to love and it perpetuates the failure. It seeks to receive rather than to give. It nourishes infantilism rather than growth. It works to trap and constrict rather than to liberate. Ultimately it destroys rather than builds relationships, and it destroys rather than builds people.”
152. Not that complicated. I think I'm in love with you, Essie. But I also think you're not ready. I shouldn't have sprung it on you like that, so I decided to take it at your speed. - Author: R.C. Lewis
153. I know what I want, I want things for myself, but I think the key to life is somebody to love, something to do and something to look forward to. I don't think it's complicated. - Author: Rachael Taylor
154. “You can say you love someone – but unless you demonstrate that love through your actions, your words become meaningless.”
155. Accepting the things that break your heart and shatter your soul seems to be the hardest when you’re in love. Like when you’re really in love.. Jessel Jane Zozobrado
156. They get involved with somebody who is not good for them and takes them down the wrong path. deteriorating their life.
157. Love was never a luxury, it has always been a field that requires dedication and hard work and it also has a lot of complications along with it.. Anonymous.
158. Was love ever easy for anyone? If less complicated, would this make it less appreciated? Perhaps love was difficult for good reason. Perhaps everything on God's green earth was the result of a flawless plan, even that which seemed most muddled. - Author: Roy L. Pickering Jr.
159. I think it is people that make love complicated, love alone is simple and pure.. Anonymous.
160. It's easy to be complicated but very difficult to be simple. - Author: Debasish Mridha
161. They get lust confused with love and make rash decisions which end up dramatically changing their lives (i.e. having a baby).
162. Belonging. Togetherness. These words are as complicated and confusing as the word love. It's probably all the same thing. Or it would be if we let it be. - Author: David Levithan
163. He insists that he loves me a lot, but I can never understand his love for me. One moment he wants me and makes me feel special; the next, he behaves like a stranger.. Anonymous
164. Love is essentially a much simpler phenomenon
165. “He fell for an eighteen-year old girl with one of those deepdown spooky loves that made him so sad and happy he shot her just to keep the feeling going.”
166. You make it sound so simple."
167. “No sooner met but they looked; no sooner looked but they loved; no sooner loved but they sighed; no sooner sighed but they asked one another the reason; no sooner knew the reason but they sought the remedy.”
168. He fell for an eighteen-year old girl with one of those deepdown spooky loves that made him so sad and happy he shot her just to keep the feeling going. - Author: Toni Morrison
169. “I understood that this sister of mine was going to live somewhere else, away from us...This information did not make me thing of the baby as less mine. She was my sister, like my brother was my brother and my mother was my mother. The adoptive parents' claim on my developing sister did not negate mine, she was not a kingdom or a territory or a thing with a deed; she was a person. This baby girl would be both my sister and these other people's daughter, and my mom's daughter. there would be moments when one claim took focus-- as right now this baby girl was more Ours than Theirs, and one day she would be more Theirs than Ours, but none of those connections could completely erase the others. It would be easier, perhaps, if they could, if after she was gone we could forget this baby ever belonged to us. But that's not how people work.”
170. Love that does not seem like utter madness is hardly love at all.. Pedro Calderon de la Barca
171. “Human livings are complicated because he prefers to live in someone's heart and he prefers someone to live in his heart”
172. There are times when even though you are in love and you know what you want, you might feel unsure and dubious and these are common symptoms of the complications that love brings with itself.. Anonymous.
173. There is a proverb that means if you try to chase love, it will escape but if you are trying to escape from love, it will follow you and I think this proverb really has some truth in it.. Anonymous.
174. “The more I lived with Jan, the more I loved her, the more I made her miserable. It was a vicious cycle (page 209)……The more I loved her the more I hated her. And the more she loved me, the more I harmed myself (page 269).”
175. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for that part of me you bring out.”
176. “Would you not agree that relationships are built on trust? Would you not also agree that most individuals think more in terms of “me” – my wants, my needs, my rights? What would wisdom dictate – would it not direct us to focus on trust-building principles and sacrificing ‘me’ for ‘we’?”
177. “How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?”
178. “I know you would never do anything to hurt me, and perhaps that’s why I feel such guilt. Because I know your heart belongs to me, but mine belongs to someone else.”
179. “We get upset at other people because they don’t meet our ideals of how they should act. Instead, try accepting them for who they are, and recognizing that, like you, they’re imperfect and seeking happiness and struggling with finding happiness. They’re doing their best. Accept them, smile, and enjoy your time with this person.”
180. It's as simple and complicated as this: If we want to fully experience love and belonging, we must believe that we are worthy of love and belonging. - Author: Brene Brown
181. You say maths problems are complex, I say love is the most complex thing that ever existed! –Anonymous.
182. The more I lived with Jan, the more I loved her, the more I made her miserable. It was a vicious cycle (page 209) ... ... The more I loved her the more I hated her. And the more she loved me, the more I harmed myself (page 269). - Author: Marvin Gaye
183. With those that you love, it's more or less understood - there's often a love-hate duality with no in-between. It's more complicated with those you are simply ready to love. - Author: Elizaveta Mikhailichenko
184. There’s nothing that can taste out of a jar of Nutella quite like unrequited love. -Charlie Brown
185. People are complicated, and they hurt each other. Effie Linton had known this for a long time, just as she knew that sometimes those wounds were inflicted deliberately, over and over, and not with fists or weapons. Sometimes, they did it with love. - Author: Megan Hart
186. For something as complicated as love and relationships, we have to be okay with the truth that some people might not remain in our lives although they might live in our hearts. –Ronald Oliver.
187. you wanted it all to make sense
188. Love is not for people without courage because love with all its complications and side effects, is a very demanding emotion, one that needs a person to have the strength to pursue his or her love and also keep the courage to be able to hold oneself together if his or her love gets rejected.. Anonymous.
189. Either, you are in love with someone or you're not. Fear is complicated, not love. - Author: Shannon L. Alder
190. Were you ever been in love? Terrible is it not? It can make you so weak. It opens your heart and as a result, anyone can get inside your mind and get you troubled. –Neil Gaiman.
191. “I have all this history with you, Theo, but he has pieces of you puzzle that would destroy me if I ever had to put them together, and yet, I still want them”
192. It doesn’t matter how much I try to show you; you never seem to understand my love for you. Well, me neither.. Anonymous
193. “Yes, love can be wondrously complicated, it can be confusing, and it can be terrifying. But if it wasn’t all those things, then it isn’t love.”
194. “For thy sweet love remember’d such wealth brings, that then I scorn to change my state with kings.”
195. Love alone is the easiest thing out there, but the other factors like expectations, fears, and doubts that come with love make it so complicated. –Luanne Rice.
196. Jealous much, Matthews? Is it because I'm a favorite, or is it because you still want me? - Author: Alex Rosa
197. “In real love there is no relationship, because there are not two persons to be related to. In real love there is only love, a flowering, a fragrance, a melting, a merging. Only in egoistic love are there two persons, the lover and the loved. And whenever there is the lover and the loved, love disappears. Whenever there is love, the lover and the beloved both disappear into love.”
198. The airplane was a complicated system encompassing many components, but to a skilled pilot it still had the intimate quality of a hand tool. The love that lays the swale in rows is also the love that parts the clouds for the stick-and-rudder man. - Author: Nicholas Carr
199. “Love was a lot more complicated when you had a lot of time on your hands.”
200. Love is as complicated as it can get as it is really unique with every person you love and when the correct person comes long, you really have to hope to be able to recognize it. –Agnes Nixon.
201. “Take time to be sure, but be sure not to take too much time.”
202. There’s a holy union even amidst this complicated love. It’s terrifying yet miraculous and magical at the same time.. Lorna Jane Cook
203. They start to lose sight of their passions, long-term goals, and ambitions and never fulfill the true potential of what they are capable of achieving.
204. I do not understand how people can accuse love to be complicated when it is the humans with their complex emotions that make love so complicated.. Anonymous.
205. Paying attention to the ethical implications of our choices has never been more pressing - or more complicated - than it is today. - Author: Sharon Salzberg
206. I think that we are the ones making love a complicated affair. It’s extremely simple and pure on its own.. Anonymous
207. Often, at times, you feel like hanging in dead air, and you know that you can be thrown off at any moment, but if it’s that special person, you are ready to take on every suffering.. Anonymous
208. I love my parents. I did love them. It's complicated. - Author: Roz Chast
209. Love is so complex that it can beat Compound Interest in its complexity and make Compound Interest appear pretty simple!. Anonymous.
210. I have a complicated relationship with the horror genre. I love it; I loved it as a kid growing up, and I watched Chiller Theater in New York. So I loved it, but then you do feel if you do it too much, you're stuck there. - Author: Zach Galligan
211. The almighty will never allow us to be both wise and in love simultaneously. Had you been wise, you wouldn’t have fallen in love.. Pubilius Syrus
212. Love is so complicated. I'm glad I don't suffer from it and hope I never do. It's amazing how smart, strong people turn into frail, frightened idiots once their hearts are involved. - Author: Laurann Dohner
213. He smiled. And as I looked at the naked beauty of the expression, I fell in love with him.
214. Love is pretty simple if you can think with your brain, but when your brain stops working and you are head over heels in love, and your brain and heart contradict each other, you will understand how complicated love is.. Anonymous
215. Most people have a confusing image of love or what most people think love is and they are unable to leave the photo. –Steve Rowland.
216. I’m sure you’d never do something that would break my heart. I know your heart belongs to me, but mine lies with someone else’s, and that’s why I feel so guilty.. JoAnne Golden
217. Love is a strange complicated mixture of misunderstandings and understanding. –Diane Arbus.
218. “Any woman can fool a man if she wants to and if he’s in love with her.”
219. “Forget relationships and learn how to relate. Once you are in a relationship you start taking each other for granted – that’s what destroys all love affairs. The woman thinks she knows the man, the man thinks he knows the woman. Nobody knows either! It is impossible to know the other, the other remains a mystery. And to take the other for granted is insulting, disrespectful. To think that you know your wife is very, very ungrateful. How can you know the woman? How can you know the man? They are processes, they are not things. The woman that you knew yesterday is not there today. So much water has gone down the Ganges; she is somebody else, totally different. Relate again, start again, don’t take it for granted. And the man that you slept with last night, look at his face again in the morning. He is no more the same person, so much has changed. So much, incalculably much has changed. That is the difference between a thing and a person. The furniture in the room is the same, but the man and the woman, they are no more the same. Explore again, start again. That’s what I mean by relating.”
220. “Why do people always think being lovers shouldn’t be complicated?”
221. Love should be easy, and yet it's the most complicated emotion of all, isn't it? - Author: Heather Lyons
222. Love is hard and it tests our courage, our patience, and our resilience like nothing else. –Anonymous.
223. Love is a bit of everything, complexities, complications, happiness, struggle, anxieties, and if you are ready to tackle the pain, you can enjoy the gain as well. Anonymous.
224. Love has never been simple and smooth. – William Shakespeare
225. When your mind asks you about the one who cares, and your heart replies that it does, that’s what complications look like in love.. Anonymous
226. “I must say that my father is innocent. I should say it. I have to say it. I’m obliged to say it. My father will kill me if I don’t say he is innocent. The children of murderers cannot kill the father.”
227. When you notice others talk about love, you’d feel like they know everything about love, but in reality, no one knows completely about love to be very honest.. Anonymous
228. “When thinking is overrated
229. “Love is like a rumor,
230. He loved me and he beat me. I loved him and I took it. It's as simple as that, and as stupid and complicated. It's terrible. It's like knowing someone you love is dead but not having the body to prove it. He loved me. I know it. - Author: Roddy Doyle
231. “I’ll follow you and make a heaven out of hell, and I’ll die by your hand which I love so well.”
232. Unfortunately, we all have that one person in our lives we would accept at any point in time, no matter how much they’ve hurt us in the past. This is what makes love life complicated.. Tinku Razoria
233. “Most people have a harder time letting themselves love than finding someone to love them.”
234. “Sometimes we hurt the ones we love, but hurting ourselves to avoid it doesn’t make it better.”
235. Boys, like love, are very confusing. They often confuse me about whether they love me or is just a time passing for them.. Anonymous
236. “They do not love that do not show their love. The course of true love never did run smooth. Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love.”
237. It's scary being loved. Because life is complicated and all too often it throws you off balance by sending you the right person at the wrong time. - Author: Guillaume Musso
238. The truth is that we all have lives that are complicated. We all get hurt by people we love sometimes. It's laughable to believe that anyone is immune. The important thing is how you behave. - Author: Tamara Mellon
239. Love is so complicated, it happens when you are least expecting it to occur and then it messes up your plans and messes up your life.. Anonymous.
240. “Love is complicated. It doesn't let you leave your partner alone when you actually should and it makes you own him when you really should not.”
241. They settle for somebody who is just an “okay” match. Stay with them for a decent amount of time. Realize that they’re not the best match, but end up being stuck with them because they don’t know how to get out of it or break it off. Which leaves them together out of fear of hurting the other person, fear of being single again after being in a relationship for so long, or fear of what other people might think from a breakup.
242. “You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul.”
243. Cuz every time I hate you, I have already crossed the point at which your love unhinges my heart.. Julie de Lespinasse
244. It is absolutely meaningless to think that you will be able to make a person fall for you because it is as pointless as thinking that you control who you yourself fall in love with. –Johnny Depp.
245. The more I love him, the more I hate him. The more he loves me, the more I seem to harm myself.. Marvin Gaye
246. Every time I feel like ignoring you and removing you from my life, you tend to show up again, and your portrayal of love messes my mind even more.. Xuan Ta
247. The twins turned out well, not because of anything that Craig or his wife did but because of the kind of people they are. Good, decent people who always put the needs of their children ahead of their own. It was never more complicated than love, one generation raising a better version of the next. - Author: Jung Yun
248. “LOVE, is the most powerful thing that makes my world turn upside down.”
249. “…unrequited love does not die; it’s only beaten down to a secret place where it hides, curled and wounded. For some unfortunates, it turns bitter and mean, and those who come after pay the price for the hurt done by the one who came before.”
250. Life is complicated, love isn't. If you need to think about it for one half second, you're not in love. - Author: J.R. Moehringer
251. But it's high school. It's not real love, or at least you can't be sure it's real love. Real love is messy and complicated and brutal. It's been tested. Zik and Michelle have never been tested by anything mroe than being separated by a couple of classes. - Author: Barry Lyga
252. There's a reason why relationships don't work out. It's usually better to take a few steps back if you have any doubts before it gets complicated and you find yourself in a tangled web, not of your doing, but somehow you end up paying the price. - Author: E.R. Wade
253. “If you don’t receive love from the ones who are meant to love you, you will never stop looking for it.”
254. It's the horsey-shape piece that moves in an L shape. It's what makes chess complicated, and why stupid people can't play chess. Go play checkers! Knights are the first piece you look at. They elevate the game. No chess master wants to lose her knights. - Author: Courtney Love
255. I feel so sick and tired of loving you. Your love is wearing me down, and I can’t really see where this complicated relationship is headed.. Anonymous
256. Why is it so easy and obvious nowadays to feel wanted and important one day and feel nothing but a random stranger the next day? Why is love so complicated at times?
257. Love is a complex feeling that many people get to experience but only a few can enjoy it. –George Jean Nathan.
258. Love is so simple and pure, and yet our ego and self. pride make it a more complicated and knotty affair nonetheless.. Adrianne Wellman
259. Love is not easy, it has all the essence of being complicated and complex.. Anonymous.
260. The notion that gaming was not for women rippled out into society, until we heard it not just from the games industry, but from our families, teachers and friends. As a consequence, I, like many women, had a complicated, love-hate relationship with gaming culture. - Author: Anita Sarkeesian
261. When a relationship can stand the test of time, it’s deemed real. No amount of distance can kill true love until the one complicated subject it to unforeseen circumstances.. Linus Isaac
262. Marriage is not just about love and living together. It's much more complicated, especially when you are going to be making a family. - Author: Laura Schlessinger
263. Love's so complicated, Noah, isn't it?" I - Author: Jandy Nelson
264. I would fight for him and against anyone who wouldn't. It wasn't complicated. In the beginning love never is. - Author: Alexander Maksik
265. “The two brothers looked so alike now and their faces seemed to ripple under the weight of powerful emotions. Hatred, love, violence and fear. The crowd stepped back to form a circle, as though they might be caught between falling buildings.”
266. “As you put more emphasis on being a loving person, which is something you can control – and less emphasis on receiving love, which is something you can’t control – you’ll find that you have plenty of love in your life.”
267. If you think love is simple, you are a fool because I think everything you love, you will have to pay a price for it one way or the other as the famous Agatha Christie has already said.. Anonymous.