Name: Kilangi Maliseli
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope John's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
The challenges of trust and self-interest
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Trusted by my staff and vote for me
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
07:30 - 8:00 morning prayers
8:00 - 10:30 performing the duties
10:30 - 11:00 staff tea meeting
11:00 -15:00 performing duties
15:00 - 18:00 Other extra duties
18:00 - 20:00 family matters
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
How to become an ethical and effective leader
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The Ethics of Leadership by Ciulla.
It helped me to understand how I would exercise leadership under ethical and effective leadership components
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
They should avoid the volition of become leaders
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
To link about being a good leader and to influence the followers to be effective and ethical followers and avoid scandals