Name: Joseph Ofoegbu
Organisation: CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)
I am an Anglican Clergy serving with the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion).
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Joseph's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Followership of leaders
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
When I gave my life to Jesus Christ in 2004, after getting followed up by the Scripture Union, I was also enrolled to train others after attending a series of leadership trainings.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Waking up is Devotion and Morning Prayers. From morning Devotion to taking my birth. After breakfast, I proceed to the office for counseling and prayers. I leave the office after eight hours back to the house or evening fellowship in the Church.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Determination is the true ladder that reaches to success. I learnt that everything rises and falls on leadership.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The books 360 of Leadership and 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership were written by John Maxwell. These books death on the principles of leadership and the types of positions leaders lead from.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Everything rises up and falls on Leadership and that leadership is influence. He should lead with influence.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Leadership is Influence. I need to lead from the position of influencing others.