Organisation: Commercial bank of Ethiopia
I am currently working in the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia as a manager of Islamic banking transformation with a total of 11 years of working experience. I have a master of art in leadership and a bachelor of art in applied economics. currently, I am pursuing a master's program in Islamic banking and finance. I am very optimistic about my future and committed to personal development, financial sufficient owning a business and living a moderate life, and helping people in needs
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Abdulhakim's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
The very challenging is inspiring other to do beyond expectations,leading from the heart and knowing the complexity of human mind
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I have been at branch banking for more than 6 years and I obsessed to know what really impress people and inspire them to do what I want
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Early morning I pray since iam muslim I read one or two pages from hbr.com I listen to myles Monroe on my way to office I great all employee when I get into office by going to their place and chat with them about their personal life. I tell them if u want to win please go extra mile and do differently
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
I love inspired,enjoying the work u do,helping people,authentic leadership,independent thinking,leaders are readers or continuese improvements
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Think grow rich Subconscious mind The 7 habits of j.maxwell
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Focus on one thing and think big
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
We are managing people instead of leading