Updated: Sep 9
Name: Abdurahman mohammed
Title: Coordinators at of research and community service at mattu university
Organisation: Mattu university
I have graduated BSc by surveying engineering from dire dawa university and MSc by highway engineering from jimma university. I am currently lecturer at mettu university since 2016 and also at position of research and community service coordinator for past two years.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Abdurahman's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Bcz i havent learn leadership course, all what i did is not based on science of leadership
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I am very optimistic and very energetic to do things on time and in a good manner. I win the position by competition
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I plan and jot it down by their order what i have to do tommorow
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
I ony learn introduction part
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
I havent read it. But i want to get good book of leadership
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Any one who comes to position have to know the science of leadership to perform well in his position
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Still no such story is happened in my work