Name: Abubakr Imraan Muwonge
Title: Founding Director and Technical Mentor
Organisation: African Entrepreneurs Technical Skills and Further Training
Interested in social, economical transformation through drilling Entrepreneurial mindset among individuals and organisations
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Abubakr's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Human capital development among the partners and employees
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Through family background, our grandparents raised us to be leaders at any level
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
First thing first waking up stretch my body, pray. Rewrite my day to list. Then I start my day I delegate what is supposed to be delegated then I get along with the day activities. As I spare time to attend to imagency online. After work evaluate how has been the day. Then plan for the next day and retire to bed.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
As a leader doing everything with a spirit of excellence as if it's the only chance I have, and doing it right for the first time as I promised my clients
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Start book (this book based on learning and running business based on holy Scriptures and is very practical it has given me a chance to finish my draft book"Vocational Entrepreneurship A Practical Guide to Success "that am writing.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Being honest yourself first (if we are honest to ourselves it's the best remedy for an individual to live a successful entrepreneurial life style.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Future belongs to the skilled Technical and soft skills.