Name: Ajay Kumar Pandey
Organisation: AUM SARL
21 years of Sales and marketing leadership. CEO of AUM Sarl. We are a business and management consultant for Pharmaceutical,Hospital,FMCG and Retail, Import export. Revenue generation with-involvement of a team of 200 team members.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Ajay's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
To take decision on an average performing team member even after all efforts if improvement is not significant and we have to remove him from the team.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
The best part of leadership comes when we have to face the most challenging situations. Like we have given a very high target to achieve. First thing was our positive attitude and conviction within to achieve. We divided the target among each team member and further in days and hours to have a best track of it. The target was to achieve Premium of 120 lac with 80 policies.
The best part we discussed among team and each team member supported the cause. There was an initiation,coordination,cooperation among each team member.We achieved the numbers within 40 days only. It was possible by such a good team work where everyone was working for himself and at the same time for the team. We set a benchmark and all of us got a reward and recognition.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
We already make a monthly plan of our appointments and ensure in a day before in the evening. We have a plan for waiting time in between the meetings. Most of the long distance calls are in morning. Top is always the priorities either revenue generation or mentoring the team mates or customer satisfaction etc.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Doing a contract is very important and try to write all factors seen & unseen into it. Early thinking and discussions leds to long lasting partnerships.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Bhagwat Geeta. It also teaches us about how we should have our relationships with everyone and with each individual separately. It also suggest we should not be biased because of our relationships
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Follow your passion.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Follow your passion.