Name: Alla Bose Srinivas
Title: Chief Business Officer
Organisation: YODA Diagnostics
I am Alla Bose Srinivas with 13+ years of experience in Healthcare Sales & Marketing industry. Currently, leading YODA Diagnostics as a Chief Business Officer & I am deeply excited by customer centricity and customer insights in developing strategy & leading business.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Alla's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
I find that behavioral change in team/team members, peers & ladder upwards is the most challenging aspect as a leader. As a leader one has to adapt to all these layers and get the work done at every level.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
The foundation which i had got in my initial days of career & then the focus on goal in marketing made me excel in profession. And, then opportunity met the hard work.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
The day starts with reading emails, then focusing on the To-do list as per the Strategic Business Plan & initiatives. I usually keep 20% of the day unplanned so as to address the ad hoc activity of the business.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
I have been reminded of "The power of attentive listening", because majority of the times the team members feel that they are not heard or no one listens to them in the organization. Providing that space to teams will improve the environment & thereby developing the trust amongst teams/team members.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The Coaching habit by Michael Bungay Stanier. I believe coaching & mentoring will have a profound impact in the careers of our team members. And, this book has got those questions which will help both the individuals to understand the situation & thereby to lead.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be clear with your goals and start working to achieve them.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
The one powerful story that comes to my mind from my time as a leader is, In one of my previous assignments when I was new to the then organization, the situation was to either perform or perish, in that moment I choose to mentor & coach my team member, subsequently by the end of the 6th month, we were in a comfortable situation where we increased the manpower and increased the coverage in the market, fast forward, today the same region is top 3rd contributor for the organization. Therefore, I strongly believe in mentoring, coaching & developing more young leaders who can lead the future of the businesses and customer centricity.