Name: Aotai Kotua
Title: Ag TB Coordinator
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Aotai's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
What I found most challenging as a leader was that, to take care of everything and everyone was so hard. It was because my staff were adult and they can talk back whenever they want or if they want to do things on their own without telling me first. Also our bosses they prefer their own islanders and they favour them more than expat.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I am just and acting while the post is still vacant.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I do not structure at all, but I want to learn about that.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
To monitor the staff, reporting on time.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
I have not red any book like that
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
If I can give only one piece of advice to a young leader and what will I say to them is this, I will tell them that they should allow pripes from their staff because they will favour to them
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
My meaningful story that comes to mind from my time as a leader, was this, the first time I was in this post, I was kind of struggling in finding and how to do that and that. The reason was the responsible person did endorse me well as she was in a rush catching the flight the next day.