Name: Benson Olokor
Organisation: Marble Leaders Team
I help young people to kickstart their leadership journey
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Benson's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Guiding People to where they ought to be is the most challenging thing I have found as a leader
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
It all started with my Dad Alfred Olokor giving me leadership books as gifts to read, My Dad loves Myles Munroe so much, but I bought John Maxwell's book The Leader within you, which inspired my journey.
I started as a Ministry in Training Teacher in our local Church.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Start with prayers 2hr
Bible reading 1 hrs
Then books 2hrs
Then straight to office.
When I return I spend the remain day with my family.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
I just learned the importance of reflective thinking
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
21 irrefutable laws of leadership
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be consistent with the pursuit of your dream.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
The Bible story of Joseph