Name: Brigitte Cutshall
Title: Founder and President
Organisation: Gemini Media, Inc.
Brigitte is a creative enforcer, health advocate and speaker who is passionate about encouraging others to lead their happiest, healthiest lives. She brings 30+ years of experience in the publishing and communications industry to help others share their stories and messages of hope.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Brigitte's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Sometimes doubting myself - take my knowledge for granted.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Clients provided feedback that they trusted me and encouraged me to share my knowledge. This was around the time of a corporate layout and reoccurrence of cancer. So I started Gemini Media after that to provide value to others and to focus on my health.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Fit in time for movement - walk everyday, yoga everyday, and schedule regular runs. That's what makes me happy and motivates me. I check email after doing a simple workout in the morning. I keep a journal and to-do list to make sure the important things are taken care of. Also, enjoy cooking at home and plan the meals.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Others telling me that they are impressed with my tenacity and keeping it simple.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
"It's your turn" by Seth Godin. I read this while going through the last cancer treatment and it inspired me to write and be authentic.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Keep learning and have an open mindset. Things change all the time.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
A client reached out to me and needed help during Covid to help manage a huge print project ~ this was when the supply chain issues were crazy. I helped to figure it out and we made the delivery happen. They gave me a lot of unexpected kudos.