Name: Denisse Estremadoyro
Title: Decana de Admisiones y Asuntos Estudiantiles
Psicóloga, profesora de Desarrollo Humano, Comportamiento Organizacional y Negociación y Manejo de Conflicto, Actual Decana de Admisiones y Asuntos estudiantiles.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Denisse's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Interpersonal conflict among the team
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I started been my high school class president, then when I was in college I been part in different teams: sports, chorus, not always as a leader, when I started my first job I been promoted and lead a team, and in my actual job, again I been promoted and I lead a 15 people team.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Start my day doing 45 minutes of exercice. The prepare go to work (in my car I select very carefully the music mood I want to listen) During job day I spend time in mettings, some of them previuly arrange, some of then
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
There is a lot of politics and power essues in lidership
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Simon Sinek : Start with why... I think purpose and values are the bases of a strong lidership
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Go for it, do it...
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
When someone that was living the team because was going abroad, went to my office and sad, Your are a great leader, I learn very much...