Name: Fambai Langton Shasha
Organisation: Embassy Properties International
My desire is to get informed as much as possible.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Fambai's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
As a leader people always want their opinions accepted and prioritized.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
From birth, I became a leader, starting with my young siblings, friends, and classmates at school, at church, and at work.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I prioritize my day's chores, but miss not a bath in the morning, and before I sleep. In the middle of the day, I make sure those that matter the most are done before those that concern my self-gratification
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Leadership is either born with or gained.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
I have read many books and I am not a hero worshiper, such that one may think his or her thoughts are more profound than others
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be down to earth and listen, be a good listener.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Small companies or initiatives grow with time but exhilaration is in the hands of leadership