Name: Indra Sinjali
Title: Program Officer
Organisation: INHURED International
Person with strong determination to do something in the field of development & its substantials.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Indra's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
The most challenging part that I have found in leadership is to keep and maintain the collaborative & team work spirit among staffs.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I am man with strong grassroot networks, good will & trust among staffs and other agents. Due to these reasons, I was proclaimed as the leader. As being the leader, I heard the voices, handle the grivances, advise them whatever they expected from my side and direct them in collaborative and team work spirit. Therefore, they easily open up with their queries and others. I project them they are my five senses.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I have not any structured & rigid schedules. Having saying that I have many list of priorities that I noted down for my systematic function due to these notes I won't derail from my work. Usually, I managed 1 hour time for my staffs to listen & update what are happening around me & surroundings. Another one hour will be managed for me. I have excessive three hours bedroom and dining time with my family and friend circles.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Most recently I studied and learnt emotional intelligence. Due to emotional intelligence, I tried my best to be leader with emotions not only authority. Due to this lesson, the situations are better improving then and now.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Undoubtedly, "Emotonal Intelligence" that was written by Daniel Goleman. It normally changed my normative mindset of leadership.
In normative framework of leadership, the leader should be tall and dominating personality with commanding voices right after this reading I realized that leader should be empathetic, friendly with good communicative and soft skills. Due to my soft skills, my voices became more rhetorical and kairotic to my whole staffs.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
By keeping in mind that indegineous knowlede of leadership, modern leadership skills should be cultivate and enhanced with empathy and good communication.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
So far in my memoir, the story of Mr. Know All, leader should be versatile, muti-disciplinary and knowledgeable persons who boldly decide in the time of emmergency and uregency. Normally, leader should strongly judge the theory of neccessity and probablity.