Name: Ivan Florez
Title: Head of Strategic Business Partnerships LATAM
Marketing executive with 20+ years of international career impacting the profitability and growth of global Agencies, through a focus on integrated strategies and innovative uses of new media, digital and content, as well as leading strategic and creative communications for major clients and markets across the region in various industries. Focus on achieving business goals for client’s brands in collaboration with media partners, publishers, and content creators such as Facebook, Google, Vice, Endemol, Fremantle, TelevisaUnivision, BuzzFeed, TikTok, Viacom, and Discovery Networks, just to name a few. His strategic vision and data-based mindset played a transformative role for top clients such as Heineken, Coca-Cola, P&G, Airbnb, Amex, L’Óreal, Amazon Prime Video, Diageo, LVMH, Unilever, and BMW Group among others to face new challenges within the digital age.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Ivan's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Effective communication in a simple way.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Delivering results. Sharing my experiences and involving the people around me part of the process.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Following an agenda prioritizing team deliverables, client objectives and, company goals.
1) Meetings/quick status.
2) Pipeline management.
3) Workflow platforms (Click-up).
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Deliver with passion and transparency give-back on loyalty and commitment.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Taught me on values such as loyalty, empathy and love for what you do.
Appreciation and to be thankful for the things, people and opportunities given every day.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Lead by example.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
See younger people occupying leadership positions today.