Name: Jane Sadhinah Butao
Title: Graduate Trainee
Organisation: Mbire Rural District Council, Zimbabwe
Come from a family of three children, I am the first born
Lady aged 27
An accountant by profession
Graduated in 2021
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Jane's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Rejection by the people being led
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
First started leading when I was still in high school, I was the school head-girl
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
8 hours from Monday to Friday
If my desk is full I give my self extra 2 hours
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
You have to endure every situation whether it is reaction or otherwise
If you are a good leader you don't expect everyone to like you .. you will never be everyone's favorite
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Mindset of a Milionnaire
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
You should stand firm because you are prone to face storms n the journey of a good leader is kinder thorny.