Name: John Kakandelwa
Title: Founding Director
Organisation: Powering Young Intiatives
John kakandelwa, is the Award Winner, Green Education, and Founding Director at Powering Young Initiatives and Master of Data Science.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope John's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Most Challenging thing I face everytime, is Organizing Funds so I can reach out to the Most affected Communities, that need my atmost services.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I never started leadership I realized it's something just in me, when I was Young I always Helped solve Difficult Challenges that we faced even by adults. I always want to lead people to the right direction so they can benefit together with there families and Community.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I work anytime and I Really don't have specific times for work. I can sleep anytime when I need some rest and I can work anytime.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
I learnt a lot about my self and discovered I am multiple talented leader.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Rich dad Poor Dad
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Stay focused and understand the Problem you want to solve for your People.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Leadership is a Gift, if you are a leader you can feel it inside you, it's difficult to Pretend when you are a leader you can feel it. But it's Also something other people can Learn and become leaders.