Name: Lou Lollio
Title: Christian Recording Artist
Organisation: Jesus Worship
5 Time UKCMA Radio Mike Award Winner including Artist of the year 2008.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Lou's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Learning to trust people has been a big challenge. I have learned but it took years.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
30 years of practice has made me a qualified leader. But leadership actually comes from following others.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Write songs daily. Record as much as possible. Be kind to everyone you meet daily. Encourage others every day. Read the Word of God daily.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
I am always reminded to be appreciative of everything that I have and share with others.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The Bible is the most important book in my life. There is no better example of how to live your life than the Bible.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Make sure you have your priorities straight in life. God first, Family second and business third.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
I came from a very poor family in West Virginia. Success can happen for anyone if they have their priorities right in life. Love God, your family and love what you do in music. I have learned this in my life and wish to share that with others. Many blessings to you. Lou Lollio