Name: Luis Simoes
25 years in various leadership positions in the professional data and services industry at NielsenIQ and Kantar. Lately global chief strategy and transformation officer.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Luis's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Execute the plans
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Because i offered to lead when things were tough
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
No pattern other than always reserving 15min to reflect on the day, and plan ahead
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Good things take time
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The art of decision by stephen bungay
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Dont take yourself too seriously
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
You never know what the past will reserve to you