Name: Mahmoud Abdulrahman
Oranisation: Kaduna Polytechnic
A passionate teacher and Geological Engineer, expert in structural geology, map interpretation and geophysics l.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Mahmoud's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Managing people and resources
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Through accepting challenge and being myself.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I have an everyday plan and the day is divided into four categories.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Always be yourself and consult widely before taking decision on issues.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
48 laws of power it is a really eyes opener.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
They should not take decision when they are hungry.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?