Name: Mohammed samir saad
Title: Assistant Procuremnet Manager
Organisation: Movenpick Hotel
I am Mohammed Samir ▪️
Skilled Asst. procurement manager with solid experience at the managerial level and supply chain management field. Proficient with various inventory management software and vendor management strategies. Background in providing excellent service for large corporations that encounter detailed and ever-fluctuating purchasing needs. Extremely detail-oriented, with a positive, upbeat personality.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Mohammed's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
I found the most difficult challenges while dealing with my team. Where you sometimes need to deal with the psychological aspect and what your team needs to be mentally focused on work only to complete the work according to what is required and with the required accuracy.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
First time when my manager goes to vacation then He became sick, so I come leader to our team and faced all problems in this period till yet.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I wake up Early at 7.30 am in the morning the take my coffee then start my work by check my mail then and Prepare My schedule then Put my Points for my day then start to Pick up it.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
First Lesson When I went to Blinde trust to some Persons without care.
then I got more problems from this trust.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Simple. The Quran. Everyday when I dive into the Word of God I see how awesome our God is, how he's prepared people in our lives to make an impact on us, and seeing the Grace/Mercy He has shown us is always inspiring and revitalizing when it comes to my leadership.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
1. Should Be humble Leaders who are humble share the success of the team with other team members.
2. Should Be goal-oriented Rather than focusing on a problem,
3. Should Build trust
4. Should Be decisive
5. Should Set an example.
6. Should Encourage communication.
7. Should Learn about your team
8.Should Provide constructive feedback
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
“If you put the sand or the pebbles into the jar first, there is no room for the rocks.