Name: Odong Mike Lo'Asio
Title: District Chairperson
Organisation: Ngora district local government
I am a teacher, a program management specialist,a journalist and currently a political head of my district
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Odong's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
The attitude of someone else is responsible for how you feel and even all community community problems are an issue of government and no collective responsibility
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I have been working with civil society organisations and increasingly had a desire of serving my community as a political head.This latent desire enabled me to get rooted in support of community development initiatives and this opened opportunities for my current role
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I have a schedule (daily routine) like an early morning exercise,a few errands at home,then go for scheduled community engagements,meetings etc
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
People first and people know what they want and even how to overcome social ills.I have learnt that Leadership is influence.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Leaders eat Last by Simon Sinek..The key takeaways for me as a leader my role is to grow/build/influence more possibility thinkers.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Leaders are readers and must listen attentively to even what is not said.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Leaders can mend cracked pots and Leaders can also mend broken eggs...And Leaders have a huge role in being heart healers.Leaders have a huge role in society.