Name: Paul Walker
Paul is an enthusiastic technology broker, technology trainer, dancer, writer, model, and Dad.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Paul's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Igniting trust in distant humans.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I began as a waiter - promoted to Head Waiter. I performed as a Help Desk Technologist - I began to get firect emails and calls though working with a team.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I begin with meditation and peaceful music. Depending on the hour of meetings, I pace myself.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
I am not in control of the motivation in others.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
During the four years of college, I read self-help books; I believe one track was Carnegie Mellon.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Keep your eyes and your spirit on the prize.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
When I was a live Software Trainer - seeing that Aha moment in a student's eyes.