Name: Peter M Wanyonyi
Organisation: Circle of Love foundation
I am 48 year old , married and blessed with 3children, 1 boy and 2 girls. I have been a church Pastor for the last 24 year and Also a director of circles of love foundation. I hold a bachelor's degree in christian leadership from Indiana Christian university USA and also an advanced diploma in counseling psychology. In my early career I graduated with a diploma in accountancy. Currently am involved mostly in church Ministry and training church leaders and also I do professional counseling.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Peter's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Too much expectations from my juniors beyond my capability as a leader overwhelms me .
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
To me , leadership has been from childhood, in kindergarten I was a class prefect, in every class in primary school I was a perfect then in class eight I was selected as a headboy, in highschool and college was the same thing,also I was the christian union leader in highschool and in college I was a college pastor from second Year... So I was born a leader what am doing until now with honesty.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
My day starts with Prayer Then after breakfast I go in my office, get reports from my juniors from the work of the previous day ,deal with the morning appointment appointments, by 9am am done then I go to class have a lesson with my Bible studies.. by 1pm I break for lunch go for ministry work if any then by 4:00pm I go home to be with my family if everything has ended early.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
What have learned in leadership is . As you work hard to deliver, remember yourself, your health, have time for your self to relax because you might suffer a burnout.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The book that has shaped my leadership skills is "purpose Driven leadership by Rick Warren" It has helped me put my priorities right as a leader.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
To the young leader I wish to tell them that leadership starts with you, you must me a good Manager of your self by showing high level of discipline, integrity, conduct then you will lead as an example
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
My story is what has been so difficult to solve I have always refered to another superior office and it makes me so peaceful