Name: Roger Reading
Organisation: Supply Success
Military service UK and Australia Roles in Mining Oil and Gas. Construction. University. Consulting and Nuclear Power. Now part time university lecturing.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Roger's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Trained by the British military for 3 years to lead.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Health and Fitness and learning
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
The way you speak to people must be tailored by the way the message will be received.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Covey 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be yourself and never put yourself before your team.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Leading volunteers in a not for profit organisation when people are motivated by the love of the work not the money or status. Ego is the hardest aspect of people to manage.