Name: Sudip Sigdel
Title: Sr.psychosocial counselor
Organisation: Nagarik Aawaz
I have been working as a senior psychosocial counselor since 2010 and have had diverse experiences with various organizations in Nepal. I have completed my Master in counseling psychology and Master in sociology from Tribhuwan University.I have had diverse experiences with mental issues in Nepal. Having said that, i am aprofessional psychosocial trainer. Since 2 yrs, i have been teaching to the subject of psychology in the Bachelor of social worker facility.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Sudip's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Being a leader, it is quite tough to express an opinion because sometimes it could be explicitly judgmental. It could be quite tough to build trust and spread up the positive environment between subordinates.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
When i was a child, I kept positive, both for myself and around others. I always see opportunities, even when the situation is worse. I am very self motivated person, and push my limit and enjoy the discomfort zone.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Generally, I follow my schedule as I allocate 8 hours for healthy activities, 8 hours for my personal and professional work, and the rest of 8 hours for self-care like meditation, sleeping, yoga, listening to music, etc.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
A recent leadership lesson that I have learned is to accept the similarity and respect the difference.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Basic leadership book
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Please be calm and you need to notice your emotions while you are dealing with your subordinates.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
As a leader, you need to set an example before requesting any issues.