Name: Sunday Mkandawire
Title: Managing Partner
Organisation: Focus Communications &Management Consulting
Former Assistant Clerk of Parliament (Malawi). Currently managing partner for Focus Communications and Management Consulting. Holds an MA in Strategic Management, MA in Journalism Studies, B. Com-HRM, Dip Th.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Sunday's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Through assigned positions to manage
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Some as routine and some according to activity schedule to be accomplished
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Followers can better describe ones leadership potential
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
John Maxwell's Leadership Gold.The practical application of leadership concepts
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Value listening skills
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
People feel good if they are heard and seen