Name: Svein Mork Dahl
Organisation: Fondspartner Limited
I'm a traveler. Digital nomad. Norwegian-born, but cosmopolitan at heart. Lawyer, spin doctor, and political whiz kid.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Vyasateja's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
The process sometimes has to compromise on my visions.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I have always had it in me. I have a vision of something I want to build and achieve, and I will take the lead to build it.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I work best at night and get up early to get most of my paperwork done before I leave for work. My PA and my calendar keep track of my priorities. After work I usually have dinner with family and friends, then a couple of hours in front of the computer before I go to bed. I try to avoid working weekends and Mondays to get some time off. I enjoy diving and watersports in my spare time.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
I try to listen more than I talk.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Not a book, but I got a certification in mediation that I've used a lot.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Get a mentor. You don't have to make all the mistakes yourself. And always take the time to listen to people.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Lead, don't micromanage. Keep your focus on the end goal. Let your team build your vision, and always hire the ones that you know one day will outshine you. I have an amazing team.