Name: Tamene Ufayisa Dana
Title: Project Officer
Organisation: Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia
My Name is Tamene Ufayisa Dana, I was born in Addis Ababa on February 21, 1989, I have a second degree in Business Administration from Rift Valley University in Addis Ababa, I have above five years of work experience in various depratment job titles such as:- as a monitoring and evaluation assistant for more than 4 years, as employee engagement and Industrial relation officer for 2 years and currently, I'm project officer in HFE.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Tamene's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Manage people according to their character.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I am currently managing projects. I dream of becoming a good leader in the future.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I have made a schedule and timetable for my work and working days
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
It's titled Christian Leadership written in the Amharic language.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
To be a great leader requires sincerity and dedication. and I say sincere and diligent in your cause.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
I don't remember at the moment.