Updated: Oct 7
Name: Terefe Woyo Nure
Title: Head, Department
Organisation: Hawassa University
Terefe Woyo Nure
Academician and Researcher
Hawassa University College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Terefe's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Planning and Preparation
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I became a leader by the good will of the staffs and students at the department through free, fair and competitive election by recommendation.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I do have schedule for work and life balance on daily basis
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
The leadership circle
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The rich dad
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Have a plan and work on the plan
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Positive thinking and good influence