Name: Peter Iancov
Title: Managing Director
Company director, executive and a professional engineer with an established career of over 28 years in leading major businesses and projects operating in the critical infrastructure, large asset investments, major project delivery, construction, maintenance and operation of infrastructure assets and major facilities.
Over the years, Peter and his teams developed and won significant business opportunities through privatisation, joint ventures, business transformation, solid networks, innovative approaches, consultative selling and through excellence in delivering promised outcomes.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Peter's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Changing and transforming culture.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Leading people early in my career to allow them to succeed and achieve their goals.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
5am wake up; read, go to gym, and be in the office by 8-9am each morning. Minimise meetings and focus on key matters only.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Right people in right places are key to performance so when people don’t change, then change the people.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
I don’t have the preferred book, movie; actor, singer or politician. There are too many and they all matter and contribute. Sorry - no answer here.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Become a leader early in your career and focus on building value for shareholders and other people’s career.
Build a meaningful network and don’t waste time meeting people that add no value. Your time is your most valuable asset.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
When faced with challenges get people in the team who have successfully resolved similar situations in the past.