Name: Constantin Gabriela
Title: Manager CSS Sales Support
My journey with Oracle began as a dedicated and enthusiastic team member, and I steadily progressed through the ranks, acquiring invaluable expertise in Oracle's extensive suite of software solutions.
With my extensive experience, I look forward to continuing my journey in the world of Oracle, becoming a great leader, and helping my team and organization thrive in this industry.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Constantin's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
My journey just started but I can say that leading by example is a real challenge! Some people are constantly seeking your guidance and the importance of listening and being there for them is the most important!
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I've never imagined myself becoming one to be very honest, I just worked and enjoyed developing and learning new things every day. I guess my way of being open-minded and taking on every opportunity and challenge got me where I am now!
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
The importance of solving tasks daily is my go-to!
Trying to always keep a list of what I have to do, and tackle those first thing in the morning. I sometimes take small breaks and just relax my mind, but I am keen on being there for my team.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Even leaders are human beings and we all make mistakes! Important is to realize it and to acknowledge the fact that even a leader still has heaps of things to learn.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
To be frank I have not finished reading a book in the past months and what has impacted me so far, on my leadership journey is my manager. Seeing her way of leading us and being there for us, taught me so much and set a pattern of how I want to lead my team.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be open, be honest, and be ready to take on new challenges - as those are the things that will form you as a leader!
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
No story yet, but I am pretty sure if I will reply to these questions in a few months, I will gather some stories!