Name: Martin F Richards
Title: Chief Consultant/ CEO
Organisation: Creative Affiliate, lnc
Dr. Richards is the Chief Consultant, and CEO of Creative Affiliate, lnc, a cutting-edge consulting services corporation in Liberia.CA offers consulting services in research, planning, and development in education, IT, business, training, and human capital development, etc. lt provides other services in academic research advisement for university students, etc.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Martin's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Making people accept changes that will not benefit them immediately but others, while facing challenges, or in times of crisis.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I became a leader by solving problems, turning problems into opportunities by creativity for sustainable growth and development, personally and generally, etc.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
On a daily basis, l have a plan of tasks that l must execute, and set daily goals, and priorities, for my life, family, Creative Affiliate, etc. Manage my time in view of said work plans n at the end of the day l check to assess how much l have accomplished, etc.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Working with difficult people.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The Bible has made a huge impact on me asap a leader, especially in starting with nothing by faith and ending with something. Creative Affiliate is a result of faith to meet the needs of others by providing the services.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Face your challenges by faith, and work towards what you perceive today to be your tomorrow. Invest your life and time wisely, because the future starts with what you invest in today. Learn to turn problems, and challenges into opportunities for change, growth, development, and progress.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Leadership is like creating new things from what others have never thought could be. Creative thinking and creative leadership always make you a better leader. Taking the lead when others are not willing to make the sacrifices needed to get where you all want to go or reach.