Name: Mussie Bekarise
My name is Mussie Bekarise. I have had more than 10 years in leadership being a school principal.other 11 years spent on teaching and middle line leadership.yes I have a year and half experince in a managerial postion.I do have a masters degree in school leadership.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Mussie's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
being everyone selfish this days.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
When I was in a primary school I was upfront to other classmates.and my voice or idea was heard by my teachers. After that it become natural
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Waking up and clean up myself within ten to fifteen minutes and take my breakfast within ten minutes and more.then drive 1hour and start my early briefing with my colleagues. Three hours intensive work, lunch,class and compound observation and routine department meeting and conversation with guests and parents etc then drive home again.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
leading by example. Identifying followers and giving support helps a lot.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The leadership style of leaders
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Know your followers need,ability and aspiration
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
I do have some incidences but not really be a story.